F o r t y

F O R T Y

「   F  O  R  T  Y  」

:

Scarlett stumbled out from Penguins Ice berg lounge dazed and disoriented tripping over her own two feet. Determined to go after Penguin and Katrina she sat in the cold night air upon the motor cycle she'd stolen from Harley and Joker opposite a large nuclear building . Her eyes flickering up to the black letters painted along the side; Ace chemicals.
Not every teenagers ideal pitch for a Friday night out, but for Scarlett this was just the tip of the ice berg.

The sound of a thud behind her startled Scarlett, her automatic reaction to defend herself. The people of Gotham city who lurked around here were renowned for being merciless. Swinging her arm out knife in hand, turning on her heel of her boots.
" Why am I not surprised that you're here?" Damian said clutching a hold of her wrist stopping her swift motion of nearly taking his eyes out. Squeezing her wrist as she winced releasing the blade. Stepping out the shadows as they both stood beneath the dim glow of a street light. " Careful could of took someone's eye out." He chastised releasing her wrist. "Damian." Scarlett huffed reaching down the grasp her blade, tucking it back into the gap of her jacket sleeve. "Let me guess heard word from a little birdie that something was happening?" Sarcastically Damian scoffed hiding his smirk from her view. " Something like that. Don't suppose you have something to do with it?"
" Something like that yeah. You better go." Scarlett said before attempting to make her way towards the building. " Or you can leave it to the professionals. We've got this under control." The voice of Dick Grayson said as he leapt from the rooftop of a small building landing beside the duo.
" I'm good thanks." Scarlett snapped snobbishly moving away from the two boys. Sauntering towards the entrance of the building.
" She's going to get herself killed one of these days." Dick said shaking his head checking his wrist, reading the small screen.

Sneaking inside the chemical plant proved a lot easier than most would expect. You'd think for such a high facility they'd have it more guarded. Well apart from the small fact that majority of Penguins men had infiltrated the building standing guard at all exits. It wasn't too difficult for Scarlett to distract them, it was like walking straight into a store, a highly dangerous store.

Scarlett crept through a metal hatch door lurking in the shadows as she entered a very large section of the warehouse. The soft humming of machinery filling her ears as she crept slowly upon a metal chain link platform acting as a bridge across another level of a chain link bridge. Both of which hanging over multiple vats of acidic toxic chemicals bubbling slowly coming to a cool as of the late hour. The bubbling of the chemicals in the bag reminded Scarlett of a witches cauldron, a toxic brew bubbling and boiling waiting to be served to its unsuspecting victims. Beneath her above the cats of bubbling chemicals murmurs of men could be heard. Not so quietly shouting at one another, one commanding others to and through.