Chapter 8: Lilian

I didn't know what time I went to sleep but it wasn't long before I woke up screaming.
I sat up and looked around and it was only me in the room. It was a nightmare. Just a nightmare.

It was a nightmare.

"Lily?"
Octavius came in growling but stopped once he seen me.

"I heard you scream I thought something was wrong"
I smiled at the thought.
After yesterday I was almost used to him. He introduced me to the pack. He even gave me space.
Even after a day I found myself wanting him near and I didn't understand it at all.

"I'm ok..."

He looked like he was about to say something but then thought against it.

"Well goodnight"
Then he was out of the room.

It's been hours since I've tried to sleep. And every time I did I was afraid I would dream. And wake up.
I laid there on the bed as I stared up at the ceiling.
I listened for any signs of people throughout the house but I didn't hear anyone. I only heard the light movement of Octavius in the other room. He sounded as if he was pacing but I couldn't make it out.

I got up and as silently as I could I made my way down the stairs to the living room.
Once again I laid there looking up at the ceiling I was completely and utterly uncomfortable. Not to mention suddenly restless. So I gave up sleeping.

His living room had a certain feeling to it.
There was a couch against the window and a love seat adjacent to it. He had pictures of everyone. The pack, families, there was one where he stood with a women with his arm over her she had light hair and dark eyes.
I suddenly didn't like him touching her or even being that close to her. What was wrong with me?

I heard someone come down the stairs and the smell of wood smoke and pine fill my nose.
I turned just in time to see Octavius come into the door way in sweat pants and was shirtless.

"I was I- I'm sorry I'll just go back to my room"
As I was leaving I was also stopped.

"Couldn't go back to sleep?"
He asked as he walked over to the couch and sat.

"No..."
I leaned on the entryway and slid down to where I was sitting on the floor.

"Want to talk about it?"
I looked to him, I shook my head and went back to sitting on the floor.

"Why did you accept me into your pack?"

He let out a long sigh and then got up and came to me. At first I thought he was going to do something but instead he sat across from me.

"I'll answer your questions if you answer mine, deal?"

I couldn't tell him anything bit maybe I can tell him what only he needs to know.
Cause so far he hasn't done anything and so far I felt wanting to be near him and I wanted to know what this feeling was. So I agreed.

"Ok to answer your question, you belong here and I can tell that this place is the best thing for you"
How is this place the best thing for me.

"So my turn, where are you from?"

He didn't seem patient but he did seem like he was trying to get ahold of it.
"I- I can't answer that, I'm -I'm sorry. It will make things worse"

He nodded and then asked a different question.
"Ok um how about why you panicked when Dr. Marshal I mean Rick and his nurses were there. And myself"

Oh I wanted to tell him. He made it so easy to.

"I don't like being touched. Why did you bring me from the woods? How did u know I was there?"

He smiled and I'm pretty sure he let out a nervous chuckle.
" well first I caught your scent then the next thing I know there you were and that was when I- well when I ripped that thing part"
He went from nervous to angry. I'm pretty sure he even growled.
That caused me to flinch a little but I only brought my knees up to my chest.

"That wolf that was you?"

He shook his head and avoided my gaze.
"I'm the one alpha who's wolf is white I was different from the Alphas I met. All their wolves were dark gray some even black
anyway my question.....
If it's no trouble why don't you like being touched?"

With that being said I got up and went to the pictures, I was earlier looking at. He looked happy.

"Bad things happen when I'm touched always been that way"

And yet I let him hold my hand. And yet I was so comfortable I was so confused.

"Will you tell me what's happened to you? Maybe I can help"

I turned to look at him then back to his pictures.
"What you call it when the wolf plays with its prey. When some work together just to take down something so simple. When something broken is beyond fixing?
Those memories are trapped in my head, my past it's cursed"

He grabbed my hand and guided me to the couch. He waited until I sat down before he sat a length away.
"Everything can be fixed Even when the glue comes undone"

He have my hand a reassuring squeeze.
He talked to me as he kept his distance. I avoided some of his questions and some I answered well I did my best to answer.