Chapter 11: The Government is Scary

Mark's pov
"This is it." Marissa mumbled as we sat in the car staring at the government facility in front of us. "I think I'm going to need another Red Bull."

   "I agree." I said and chugged the last of mine and squished the can and sat it in my cup holder.

   Marissa figured it would be a good idea that we all had Red Bulls to 'pump us up some' before we fight the government and steal an alien ship. Now that I think about it, won't the government come looking for us if we even get Leo's ship? Awe crap, I should have thought this through.

   "It's almost time." Leo said as he took one last sip out of his can and sat it down, "We only have one shot to get in without being noticed."

   "I think I might have a panic attack." I mumbled, tapping my fingers nervously on my leg. "Im probably going to trip and screw everything up like I usually do."

"We can do this. You're not going to screw up anything." Leo put a comforting hand on my shoulder and it was hard to ignore the tingles that shot down my arm.

   "And even if you do, I'm sure we'll be fine." Marissa noted from the front seat.

   "Yeah thanks." I sighed and looked through my binoculars, back over to the facility. So many scary people holding guns.

   "Alright you guys ready?" Leo asked as he handed Marissa her potato launcher and grabbed his... space spear thing? It looked like a purple spear from the future.

   I told him I could make it through without a weapon but of course he did not believe me and insisted I at least take some throwing knives. He, like Marissa, was oblivious to the fact that I was a black belt in Taekwondo and for some reason I kept forgetting to tell them about it. In fact, I am not sure why I have not told Marissa. I guess it just never comes up in a conversation, you know?

   "Let's go." Leo spoke, knocking me out of my thoughts.

   "It's now or never." I took a deep breath and we all opened our doors.

   We parked in the woods about two miles away. There was a barbed wire fence around the place and it was basically in the middle of nowhere. It took us about two hours to get to the woods and another thirty to park somewhere where we wouldn't be found. Now all we had to worry about was getting past all of the cameras, people, and fences. How where we going to do that? Well we have an alien so...

   "Okay, I'm going to have to change form for this." Leo pressed a button on the bracelet on his left wrist and he flickered back to his alien form.

   "Woah." Marissa stared in awe. I forgot Marissa hadn't seen Leo in his normal body. Even though I had seen it before it was still one of the coolest things I have ever seen, not that I have seen anything that cool anyways.

   "I know, I know. I'm awesome." He smirked and I scoffed.

   "Didn't you say we have five minutes?" I raised an eyebrow.

   "Yeah, yeah, come here." He ordered.

   Once we made it to him he placed a hand on either of Marissa and my's forearms. "You might want to close your eyes. When I tell you to open them we have to act fast and slip into the entrance quickly and silently." He explained as we closed our eyes and braced for whatever he was about to do.

   The moment my eyes had shut I felt a sudden jerk and a rush of wind. It took all of my self control to not open my eyes in curiosity of how the heck he was doing... whatever he was doing.

   "You can open your eyes." He whispered and let go of Marissa and my's arms.

   "How did you do that." Marissa whisper-yelled.

    "Shh, he is a ninja." I silenced her and she rolled her eyes.

   "I'll go down first, Marissa will follow after me, then Mark, okay?"

   "Okay." We watched as Leo yanked on the trap door at our feet. It didn't budge.

"It's locked." He murmured.

"No duh." I rolled my eyes. What was he expecting? This is the government we are dealing with.

"Maybe I could use my pota-" Marissa began but I cut her off with a wave of my hand. "Fine then, butt hole." She mumbled under her breath.

   "Let me try." I offered and stepped up toward the trap door. Leo gave me a doubting look.

I stepped forward and lifted my right leg and in one swift motion I slammed it down with all my force. The door swung in with a thud. I looked up at Leo with a grin.

"Your welcome." I stepped back so he could go first. The sound of shouting was our motivation to speed up, I guess I kicked it a bit loudly. Leo jumped in swiftly and Marissa followed closely behind. I took a quick glance around and saw at least a dozen people running towards us. Without hesitation I jumped in after Marissa and landed with a thud.

   I shut the trap door faster than I thought humanely possible and we all started running down the dimly lit tunnel.

••••••••••
  Chapter 11! I thought of this chapter while drinking a Red Bull, hence the beginning involving them. Red Bull is my inspiration for everything. It's like; writers block? Drink a Red Bull. Tired? Drink a Red Bull. Don't know what to do with your life? DRINK A RED BULL.. Okay that's my advice to you guys today. XD Byee!