Prologue

The two girls stood side by side, staring the man in the eye. He thought them to be quite brave, as most people started shaking or even crying the moment they walked into the sentencing room. Little could he see, one of them was wringing her hands together nervously and the other was biting her tongue to keep from making a noise.

"As this was a grave offence against the monarchy..." He began to speak, his stare not wavering. He did feel bad to do this, especially to people so young. These girls couldn't be older than twenty-five, if that. At his age, everyone from their generation looked the same. Young and oblivious to what kind of life was coming. "We have no choice but to sentence you for life."

The taller of the two broke eye contact. Fear flamed up in her eyes, but she kept her head high. If you were to see her from the back, looking at everything but the expression on her face, you might think she was preparing for battle, or holding her ground against the forces of the world and winning. She wasn't winning though, she was losing.

"If I may, sir!" The shorter, more athletic one spoke in a loud voice. "If you knew what we knew, you'd see that it was not us who have wronged the monarchy. It was—"

"Quiet!" Guards on either side of the girls each took a threatening step forward. The girl was angry. Angry that the truth could not be let known, angry that she was going to pay for her act of bravery.

"We are all aware that this cannot be known. You'll be sentenced for your other crimes, and those are what you will be known for. Do you understand?" He asked, letting out a barely noticeable sigh when they didn't give him any type of reply. "You know what other crimes you commited. Would you like to make an official statement to be given to the press before we conclude?"

Again he was met with cold stares rather than a response.

"Very well. You have each been sentenced to life in prison. The ship leaves tomorrow. Gather your things."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Hey guys! Wow, for the first time ever I feel nervous to post a chapter. I realllllyyyy hope you all like this story!

If you did like it, leave me a comment and vote! It's very much appreciated. (: