6. Not On My Watch

I stared with wide eyes as Sabastian played, his long fingers working the piano keys. It was seductive, almost. I could only imagine what else those fingers could do. The beautiful sound faltered for a few seconds and I watched his face redden, he was so cute. I wanted to know what had him so flustered.

I turned away from him and smiled at the girl who sat quietly at the bar. "Hey, hun'. Need anything else?" She flicked her eyes at the empty bottle of beer and nodded, her curly black hair falling into her dark eyes. Quickly I had another set in front of her and moved on to a man who's glass was empty. Tonight was busy, and though it was a lot of work, I enjoyed my job. I liked talking to people, whether it be the regulars or new comers. It was always fun, especially since Sabastian had started working. Our number of customers seemed to rise every night, all because of him.

It'd only been week, but it was great. He got along great with Garett, and he was nice to those who talked to him. Though honestly a bit (a lot) anti-social, people loved him. I was just happy because he was hot, talented, and fun to tease. Every time I got to watch his pale cheeks darken it was like heaven. Sadly, all of my advances had been rejected. I didn't really know how, though. I thought my pick-up lines were irresistible.

"Ridge!" I turned away from wiping at the hard wood bar to see Mia, an older coworker of mine. She nodded her head at the clock, "Break time." I smiled thankfully at her and left with a small skip to my step. The tile clicked beneath the heels of my combat boots as I left my place behind the bar and I made my way towards the back offices. The heavy door opened and I closed it behind myself, cringing at the difference between the dim bar lights compared to what hung in Garett's office.

I took a seat beside him as he filled out bills and took a bag of chips from one of the desk drawers. Now, I could relax before my thirty minutes were up.

***

The shy girl from earlier still sat in her same spot when I got back from break, just now she sat with someone. His smile was wide as they talked and I could see the pink tinge to his cheeks indicating he was slightly drunk. I smiled at the sight, she was nice girl and from what I'd seen, she could use something like this. I put another beer in front of her and she grinned, even her dark brown skin was red tinged. As long as the people I served were safe and having fun, I didn't care if they got wasted. I took keys if needed and called cabs. My customers wouldn't be hurt on my watch, and I made sure of it. I blamed the need to protect on having so many siblings, but it wasn't really a bad thing. So I didn't worry.

My eyes drifted to Sabastian as I cleaned a glass. His glasses were low and perched delicately on the end of his nose as he focused intently on the music. I was entranced by everything about him. The way his arms flexed was beautiful and his lips pursed just slightly as he played. He was just model worthy, and I loved it. I wanted him; Bad.

"-use the restroom, then I'm gonna go." I turned my eyes back to the girl behind me as she got up, leaving the man alone. He shifted his eyes nervously and I glared suspiciously. I stared through my peripherals as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small packet of something. He poured the substance into her drink and I felt hate fill me as I caught the look of smugness that settled in his eyes when she returned. Oh fuck no. Not on my watch, creepy bastard.

With a sweet smile I walked over to them and used TK to spill the drink across his lap, effectively soaking his jeans and emptying the bottle. I gasped and rushed around the bar. "Oh, let me help you with that!" I said as I grabbed his arm and pulled him behind me to the employee bathroom. He cursed and the annoyance in his eyes was disgusting. I grit my teeth and ignored the way he looked behind himself at his almost victim. Not on my watch.

When I had him in the small room with me my demeanor towards him changed. No longer was I my usual sweet, sexy, bartender self. No. I was a pissed off ability wielder with a little bitch as my target. He was gonna learn what happened to pervy creeps.

Within seconds of the door closing the man was slammed against the opposing wall. I glared at him and gave a small, almost menacing, growl. With the power of my mind I kept him where he was and swung my fist at his paled face. It hit with a solid Thwak! and I hid the pain behind another look that had him gasping. The fear in his eyes was obvious, he was being held by some invisible force, of course he was scared. I just didn't care. I wasn't a violent person until someone royally pissed me off.

I lifted his wallet from his pocket and flipped through it, taking in the information quickly. "I saw what you did to that girl out there." My voice casual. "So, Devon, I'm gonna make you a deal." I said as I threw the leather at his feet. "You kind of have to listen to me, though, so it's more like an order. I know your name, your age, and your address. I will follow you, and you won't even know I'm there. Obviously, I have some special talents." I gestured to his position against the wall. "If I ever see you even speak to another person with an ill intent on your mind, I will kill you."

The smile on my lips was sickening. "You will tell no one about this, and this bar is to never cross your mind again- Got it?"

The twenty nine year old frantically nodded his head and struggled against his "restraints." His voice seemed to still be frozen with shock. I let him drop and watched as he scrambled away, limbs shaking. He hurried out of the bathroom with a terrified squeak, and I lost it. The moment he was out of sight laughter bubbled from me and I held my hurt hand.

Everything about what I just did was so much different from my usual ways. I was never serious, and violence wasn't my thing. He just needed the lesson.

I looked down at my quickly bruising hand and walked out of the bathroom. I was a naturally weak person, my body wasn't nearly as strong as my mind. That much was obvious.

I was happy to see that the girl was still sitting at the bar, confused and glancing around. She was safe and that's what mattered. I could keep them all safe.

A/N

Hey, Insomniatic_love here! Hope you all enjoyed. I really liked showing the more serious side of Ridge(:

VCF!