The Reason Why

POV - Callux

WARNINGS: Death, depression, mentions of verbal abuse, and suicide of a MINOR CHARACTER!!!!!!!
(Sorry SweetandDevilish 😥) (Note to self: Never prematurely post a chapter again..)

Okay? Okay.

-Begin Chapter-

“NO! LET GO OF ME YOU DODDLE BANGER!” screamed Preston as he fought against Cal, the tall blonde pining him to the bed.

“No! You sprayed me with a water gun! You must pay for crime!” screamed out Cal, laughing.

Preston screamed out as Cal began attacking Preston’s sides, his long fingers digging in as he tickled the slightly older boy.

I laughed from my position in the doorway, deciding not to get involved in the ticklefest. Preston continued to let out a loud laugh while Cal, who’ shirt was soaked from said water gun, was laughing as well as he tickled the boy below him as he kept him pinned down by sitting on his hips.

As I watched the two I thought about how lucky I was to have these two in my life. How much I loved both of them. How happy I was that Cal and I were able to save Preston.

A sad thought entered me as I thought about the person that we could have saved, Cal and I, but we didn’t. We didn’t know the consequences of our actions. As I thought, I realized the date today. July 9. It was officially the one year anniversary of the end of life that Cal and I had only known for a short time. I felt myself fall into thought of that wonderful life.

*Flash Back*

Her name was Julie McDaniels. A bright girl with deep blue eyes and an amazing energy. She lived in the Tower and her flat was actually next door to mine and Cal’s. We would see her a lot, coming or going from her flat, always smiling.

One day though, that smile changed. She seemed weaker with each time that we saw her. The life that once glowed in her and shown through was slowly fading away. Both Cal and i were concerned and when we asked her what was going on she just brushed us off.

Before we knew it, Julie looked empty, empty as Preston was when we first saw him. Cal and i tried to help her but there was nothing we could do because she wouldn’t let us in. Cal and I began to be worried. This girl, whom we knew little to nothing about, who was once so full of life, now seemed empty and cold.

One day, Cal and I went to her flat, to see how she was doing. We hadn’t heard from her or seen her in awhile.

We knocked on the door, but there was no answer. We knocked once more, louder, calling out her name. No answer.

Defeated, we began to walk away, but a voice stopped us. We turned to see a man walking towards us, a worried look on his face.

“Hey, have you seen the girl who lives here?” he asked, his voice full of worry.

We admitted we hadn’t seen her in a few days.

The man looked even more distressed and quickly pushed past us, a key in his hand. We both looked at each other, worried. The man, with shaking hands, unlocked the door and barged in.

“Julie?” he called.

There was no answer.

Cal and I waited outside the door for a very long time, just begging that she was alright and that nothing was wrong. Apparently, begging was not going to work.

“NO!” screamed the man.

Cal and I rushed into the flat, heading straight for the man’s voice.

The scene the came upon was one they will never forget.

They entered what was Julie’s bedroom, the man who had opened her door was crying as he looked down at her.

There she laid, spread out on her bed, foam in the corner of her mouth, and her body pale.

I couldn’t breath as I looked at her. She was once so full of life and bright and now, now she was just gone in every way possible.

We found out later that Julie overdosed on sleeping medine. According to the police, there were multiple threatening and degrading messages on her phone from her boyfriend, well ex boyfriend. Apparently he had been attacking her for about the same amount of time that we noticed the change in her. They concluded that she was suffering massive amounts of depression which led to her eventually taking her own life.

The man who opened her door, her father, was devastated. He wished he would have noticed the signs more so he could have prevented it.

I just wished I would have pushed more to help her. Together,Cal and I held each other up even though we both blamed ourselves, vowing that we would honer Julie’s memory and never let that happen again.

And we didn’t.

-End Flashback-

We were able to save Preston and at the same time, fall deeply in love with him and his loud loveable energy.

I was brought back from my thoughts by Preston screaming.

“PAPA HELP ME! PLEASE!” screamed Preston, his face red from laughing as Cal pinned him down and was now blowing raspberries into his stomach.

“Oh don’t worry baby boy.” I said, moving from the doorway to the bed. “I’ll come help you.” I slowly crawled onto the bed and made my way over to Cal. The tall blonde had stopped what he was doing to look me, his eyebrow raised.

I smiled at him before I turned my attention to Preston, smiling evilly. Then I quickly bent down, pressing my lips to his stomach as I began blowing raspberries.

Preston let out a loud squeal as his body arched under my lips, trying to get away from my attack.

“NO! TRAITOR!” he yelled. Ignored him and continued my assault, Cal next to me laughing, keeping the squirming boy pinned down.

Feeling even more devious, I began turning my attack from playful to sexual, pressing kisses to his tummy before I started sucking and biting at the skin, causing him to moan loudly.

“Papa.” Preston moaned out as he stopped struggling, allowing me to mark across his stomach.

“You like that baby boy?” I heard Cal whisper to Preston, causing the boy to shiver under my lips.

I smiled internally as I continued to kiss and mark the poor boys body that lay underneath me.

One of the boys that I loved so dearly.

The boy whose life I was able to save.

-End Chapter-

A/N: This is definitely my darkest chapter. Of course chapter 100 had to be dark, why not? But I hope it explained more why Cal and Callux worked to save Preston right away.

Despite all the sadness though, this is CHAPTER 100 GUYS! AND I AM NOT EVEN ANYWHERE NEAR WHERE I WANT TO BE! Do you know what that means????

Good. 😊

I hope you enjoyed reading this (even though it was sad. Don't worry, fluffy stuffs coming up, plus I am updating my one shot book today) and may your day be filled with love, smiles, and laughs.