Chapter 67

*PLS ENJOY.

WELL....IF YOU CAN.*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 67

My back was on fire from whatever was lodged in it, but I managed to sprint towards the nearest attackers.

"Sam, toss them back!," I ordered as my hand began to flare red. He followed my command without hesitation and a few bodies went flying back into more people. Placing my hand on the ground, I concentrated into spreading energy around the area. Red crackles of light swarmed around under the snow, burning it and the grass underneath, setting it on fire in some places. Regardless of its intensity, I kept going until there was a sizable barrier to keep the attackers away. It only seemed like lines, but when a person walked over one, they were immediately sent back and infected with red scrawling. On me, it does nothing, but on others it's agonizing Hell. Thanks for the lesson, Ellie.

Turning around, I ran to Seedeater again to help him. The giant creature was starting to shriek in pain less and less and I tried to remove whatever was hurting him. When I couldn't touch it, Sam aided me and tossed the device on the ground. He broke it before I could examine it. Changing the red marks to blue, I placed my hands on Seedeater's body. My Purification doesn't heal regular wounds and injuries, unfortunately, but it does instill calmness. I could feel Seedy's blood drip down onto my hands but it wasn't a lot.

We need to get to the others quickly.

"What about Seedeater?," I asked panicked. "He can't run anywhere...! They're all around."

He'll be fine! Just run back!

Tears of frustration stung my eyes but I listened anyway. I leaned my head on Seedeater's body and said, "Lay down and stay, boy. Please." The black furred creature groaned and dropped down onto the ground, keeping his head low. I gave his mask-face a quick kiss before running around the mansion to get to the front door.

As soon as I got there, there were already people swarming the porch who must have gotten past my barrier before it was completed.

Before I could attack them, a few of them went flying back, some landing on my barrier. A lot of them scrambled away to reveal a very upset Sally. She grabbed one intruder by their ankle and swung them to the side. Her green eyes were flaring with annoyance and her shrilled screams of anger hurt my ears. Over the shouts of orders, she shouted, "GIVE CHARLIE BACK TO ME!!!"

I noticed her teddy bear in the hands of one intruder, flailing and snarling like a teddy bear shouldn't. Before I could run to rescue her precious friend, Sally screamed in surprise and I turned my head to see that she was caught in a net. It buzzed with energy and hurt her. Whenever she tried to move and attack, it shocked her and kept her at bay. Her face was red and soaked with frustrated tears and snot.

"Let her go!," I shouted and charged forward. Using a red marked fist, I hit aside anyone who tried to grab her. I hit helmets and pierced through body shields just to keep her safe. Sam also helped to fend off anyone who came from behind, and also retrieved Charlie for Sally.

Despite my efforts, Sam and I weren't enough. Intruders smashed through the lower windows of the mansion and raided the inside. I could hear the shouts of protest and rage inside. An intruder went flying through a wall and landed immobile on the ground. Ellie's angered growl could be heard from inside.

"Keep everyone away," I commanded Sam. Just when he was about to act, something beeped from right behind me and an electric shock rattled my entire body. I screamed out in pain and keeled over onto my knees, trembling.