Chapter 16

As-Salaam-Alaikum

Plz pray before you read if its time and you haven't...

Enjoy the chapter!!

****************************************************************

Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) said:

"Haya does not bring anything except good" -  Bukhari 

****************************************************************

Arina's POV

I feel someone poking me on the shoulder to  which I give no response. After few minutes I feel someone picking me up and talking. I hear two different manly voices, One coming from the person carrying me.

Wait! What?! CARRYING ME?!? MANLY VOICE?!

Astagfirrulah That's so haram!

I try to open my eyes and after few fail attempts they finally open to see Adam's face.  I quickly jump off his arms, Adam tries to reach out for me as I am feeling groggy but I stop him.

This is the first time a Guy touched me like this after that incident. I hate it when someone touch me except my family and friends especially anyone from the male species. It reminds me of all the dreadful memories that i want to bury and never want to remember them ever.

I try to walk but stumble and before I can fall Adam's arms sneak around my waist and steady me.

"You can't walk properly due to the intoxicants you've been given so stop being stubborn" and with that he sweeps me off my feet and carries me  bridal style inside the  house.

I don't know why and how did he bring me here as I don't remember anything that happend after coming out of Hazim's car. But I don't Question him about it and let him carry me. 

As we enter the house, No lemme rephrase that As we enter the mansion I see my mum, Aunty and Alina stride towards us with teary eyes and red noses.

Adam lays me down on the near by couch and in a matter of few seconds I am attacked with hugs by the my mother, future mother in law and sister in law. I hug them back with all the strength I have. Which is really less at the moment.

"i think she needs some rest" Alex suggests looking at my state to which the other agrees and Alina helps me walk to the nearest guestroom to freshen up and then rest for few hours after having a bowl of soup.

Adam's POV

We reach my house and I open the back door of the car to wake Arina up but she doesn't even budge so I just carry her but she being the annoying self she is had an objection with me carrying her. Probably the haram/halal nonsense.

After her fail attempt at walking I carry her again but this time she remains silent Thankfully!

After Alina takes her to the guestroom on the same floor, I narrate all the story to her mum and my mom which they take in strongly.After a while her dad also comes to our house and they all wait for Arina to wake up while I work in my study and Alex sits with Mr. Khan. 

I missed some important meeting because of this drama. The only reason I helped Arina is because my Dad loved Mr. Khan like his younger brother and also because Arina needs to be safe so I can get better deals and contracts.  Married , Mature shit.

After few hours we all have dinner while having a small chitchat but I only drop a comment once in a while, Subsequent to the dinner the khan family except Zaid as he is in California for some basketball game bid their goodbyes and leave to their respective home.

I kiss mom and Alina on their forehead before ascending upstairs to my room where I take a quick shower and retire off to bed.

A week Later

Arina's POV

The past few days have been exhausting as ever. Shopping and preparation is all I've been doing.Their are only two days left and none of our vast family members are coming as they are forthcoming  for the wedding.

Right now I'm in Manhattan mall with Maya, Amira and Alina having a girls day out which basically is them choosing their dresses for the engagement ceremony.

"The red is better!"

"No! That beige is better"

"Eww No!"

"Argh Shut up girls!" I yell at them which thankfully quieten them but I do get weird looks from the people around. 

"Ok then you choose which them for us as you are the bride" Amira suggests and this is how the rest of the day was spent.

After the shopping spree we went to have dinner in the food court before bidding our goodbyes and drive to our own homes.

I come home to see my parents watching TV, I greet them both with salam before ascending up  to my bedroom to freshen up and pray.

I then go to the  kitchen in order to make tea for my parents and Coffee for myself, but see Zaid chilling on the counter with his phone and a tub of Ben and jerry's. As he's busy with his phone so I take that opportunity to tip toe and grab the ice cream tub and start devouring the ice cream and when I look up I see him shooting daggers at me as if I stole his most expensive and special belongings.

 I smile sheepishly before taking another spoon and running away to make tea. After we all enjoy our beverages we all head off to our respective bedrooms and retire for the night but I have this kind of  giddy feeling in my stomach as tomorrow is my last day of single hood. 

***************************************************************************************

HEYYYY LOVELIES!!!

How are ya'll?

I'm gud alhumdulillah 

sorry for the short and boring chapter but have exams to revise for!

I realized that I update every weekend so I'm gonna keep it like that till Christmas break and insha Allah in the break I'll update more!

Anyways! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

Love ya'll 

-Iiman