48: jeremy sheep

"I SAID YES," Camila announces as she sits down for lunch. She pulls out a quinoa-arugula salad and a small container of pomegranates. Both Elle and Jeremy wrinkle their nose at her lunch.

"Yes to death?" Jeremy asks.

"Or yes to murdering Emily?" Elle suggests.

"I'm down for that," Laurent says.

"Same," Roma says.

"Shut up, Roma, you wouldn't even harm Laurent and there's a lot of probable cause," Jeremy says.

"You know what?" Laurent leans back into his seat. "I'd like you to choke me to death."

"Guys, keep your fetishes behind closed doors," Elle grumbles.

Unable to keep up with the conversation, Camila cuts in and says, "I said yes to Andrew."

No one at the table even bats an eye, which in truth, was what Camila was half expecting. Elle pulls our her wallet and hands Jeremy five dollars while Jeremy grins at Laurent. Roma's the only one that does anything—taking Camila's hand and squeezing it in excitement.

"You guys were betting on her?" Laurent motions between Elle and Jeremy.

"Oh, definitely. We always do." Elle puts away her wallet and dips an onion ring in ketchup.

"Yeah. We bet on how long it'll take for her to say yes or to ask someone out."

"Jeremy always loses."

"Are you fucking kidding me, Elle? Who was the one that just handed me five dollars?"

"Don't get used to it unless you're looking to be a stripper in the future."

"Maybe I will be. Gotta put these good genes to work."

"I'm going to fucking barf." Laurent chokes on his sub.

"Can you not be so fucking vile in front of my girl?"

"Shut up, Elle."

"Wait, you guys aren't even happy for me?" Camila protests. She chomps on her salad, eyebrows furrowed just a tiny bit, enough for Jeremy to laugh.

"Don't throw a tantrum, Mila." Laurent chuckles.

"We're happy for you!" Roma says.

"Yeah. We're just used to it since we're your friends. Don't look at me like that, Cam," Elle groans.

"I'm not," Camila replies. "I'm really not."

"Sure, Mila."

"Don't tease her like that, King."

"Oh, fuck off, Yang."

"Did you know that Jer's surname is sheep?" Elle asks.

"Elle, keep your fat mouth shut. It just sounds like the word for sheep but there's—"

"Different variations. Yeah. But you're still Jeremy Sheep."

"Oh my god." Laurent grins, like it's the best thing he's heard.