15 . Revelations and Reality Shows.

Revelations and Reality Shows

Ionora's POV :

Jordan Zendale, the man I didn't remember but whom I believed to be the greatest man in the world was been labeled as a murderer. The man I thought of as a loving dad, a great husband to his wife and the man who would always protect me was now a killer, traitor and a wanted criminal. I felt numb. I didn't know what to think or believe anymore.

Marrise continued to drive as a tense silence settled in the car. Vivian had an unreadable expression on her face while Ian sat beside me with his jaw clenched and shoulders tensed. He turned to look at me and noticing the wave of emotions running through my eyes, he pulled me to his side and hugged me tightly. Or felt good to be in the loving warm embrace of my twin.

"Is it true? Did dad really do that?" I asked in a hoarse voice.

"Yes." Ian replied without hesitation."Da-Jordan did that and much more, Nory. He is a cunning and vile man."

I clenched my eyes shut, hoping to keep my tears at bay but a traitorous few still slipped and glued down my cheeks and onto my brother's shoulders.

"Shit. Don't cry, Nora. That bastard doesn't deserve your tears. Both him and his wife don't." He said, gently grabbing my face and wiping my tears away.

"So mom is involved in this?" I asked meekly.

Ian tensed, and so did everyone else in the car. Did I say something wrong?

When nobody replied even after a minute, I repeated my question. This time, my Aunt chose to answer.

"I still haven't told you the full story, Ionora. All your questions will be answered in the end."

"Then tell me."

"Are you sure that you-"

"Tell me." I pressed, cutting her off. I'd rather have one how big blow than ten smaller ones. I was tired and wanted this secrecy to be done with.

"As I told you, the moonstone was given by the Goddess of the Moon for the Sacrifice of the wolves. This meant that the stone was for the wolves and the wolves only. When in the hands of someone other than a werewolf, the stone loses all its properties and becomes like any other stone. Your father did not know this when he stole it but quickly realized that the done was useless to him. He approached the Goddess Hecate by performing an elaborate ritual, hoping for her guidance on how to extract the stone's powers. The Goddess was pleased and granted him one wish. He wished to know how he could use the stone himself without a werewolf's help. You see, he thought it was risky to trust a werewolf after he had just betrayed them."

"Goddess Hecate was hesitant as the moonstone belonged to the Goddess Luna and revealing its secret to the enemy may start a war among the Gods. She was torn as she didn't want bad blood between Luna and her but she also didn't want to break her promise of a wish to Jordan. So Hecate decided to tell him about the curse placed on the stone and refused to tell any more. The curse was that if a person other than for who the stone was intended for uses it then he or she would be killed and the powers of the stone would go to that person's nearest blood relative. She also told him that only a person with some amount of werewolf blood could use the stone." Marisse stopped and have me a look, a look that clearly asked me to connect the dots. And connect the dots I did.

"A hybrid?" I asked in a shocked voice. She nodded.

"B-but how? Hybrids don't exist. It's physically impossible for a werewolf to mate with a witch."

"Cloning was also thought to be impossible but the humans did it, didn't they? You could always work around impossibilities to get what you want." Vivian said, braiding breaking her silence.

"So if hybrids exist then am I one?"

Silence.

Great.

"But how is that possible? Zayden told me that both my parents' wer-are witches. Doesn't one of them have to be a werewolf for me to be a hybrid?"

This time all of them had pained looks on their faces like they did not want to be the one to answer the question. But after a few seconds, Ian put on a stoic face and answered,

"Zayden was right. Both Jordan and Stella were witches."

Something in Ian's expression told me that I wouldn't like what he says next.

"But Lupa, our real mother was a werewolf."

It's officially confirmed then. My life is like an episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians.

Welcome to 'Keeping up with Ionora's life secrets' y'all.

××××××

A/N : It's been so long since I updated and It feels so good to be back. This is a kinda short update but I'll be updating very frequently now so no worries. I usually update using my mobile and I can't find the option to dedicate chapters in the mobile app. So if anyone could kindly tell me if there is a way to do that then it would really help me as I want to dedicate my chapters to few of you lovely people.

Just another friendly reminder :

Vote. Comment. Vote.

Till next time, stay safe and stay happy!
- Kris

Edited - 11/01/2019