Interruption - Mycroft one shot x reader

'Myc? Aren't you coming downstairs? You're always working, come downstairs, just a moment.' I tried and pulled Mycroft's sleeve. 'I have to finish this, sweetheart. The Queen wants me to have this done before tomorrow night and I'm not even halfway of it.' He said and looked at the pile of papers. 'The Queen can wait.' I said. 'Do you rather make homework for an old grumpy lady or spend time with me?' I said and kept pulling his sleeve like a little child. '(y/n)!' He shout out and looked at me surprised. I feared that I had said something wrong but his lips curled up and he smiled at me. 'That 'old grumpy lady' is the most powerful person in England.' He said and tapped on my hand so I let go of his sleeve.

'No,' I said, 'you are.' He smiled but looked at the pile again. 'Sorry, maybe next time.' He probably expected me to leave but I drew a chair and sat down next to him. 'Then I will help you, we still spend time together and you'll finish this faster. Tell me, what do I have to do?' I asked and took some papers in my hands, smiling proudly because of my ingenious plan. He sighed but explained me what to do and we worked hours on it but finished it for three quarters. 'That's enough for today. You said tomorrow night so you'll have enough time for it later. Now, come with me. Let's get out of your doghouse.' I said and rose, put back the chair and watched Mycroft get up too.

He followed me to the living room and I sat down on the couch. I looked at the fishbowl with two goldfish in it that stood next to the couch. Oh, the irony. Mycroft sat down next to me and smiled. 'What do you want to do in our time together?' He asked. I opened my mouth when the phone rang. I checked my phone but it was off, Mycroft checked his and read it out loud. 'Sherlock.' He said. I took his phone and rejected the phone-call. 'He is old enough, he can survive on his own, I hope.' I said and placed his phone next to the fishbowl.

'So, what were you saying?' Mycroft asked me. 'What I tried to say was: -' Again his phone rang. With a sigh I grabbed it and read it out loud. 'Sherlock.' I rejected the call again and turned Mycroft's phone off. 'That would be it, now he can't call anymore.' I said and placed the phone satisfiedly next to the fishbowl. I looked at Mycroft again and opened my mouth to talk when the damn phone rang again. 'How can it still ring? I turned it off! That's impossible!' I shouted and took the phone.

Surprise, surprise: Sherlock.

'My little brother has developed tons of ways to keep annoying me.' Mycroft said and sighed. 'Okay Sherlock,' I said, 'my turn.' I grabbed Mycroft's phone and threw it into the fishbowl.

'What are you doing?!' He asked with a louder voice and stared at the fishbowl and the phone sinking in it. The goldfish swum away from it, even he looked at it confused. 'That's my phone!' Mycroft cried out. 'I will not let him interrupt our moments together. You can get your data back, can't you?' He nodded and his smile returned. 'I can. Then, what do you want to do?'

A/N

So this was another Mycroft one shot, I really hope you liked it. I kind of ran out of ideas for Mycroft so I know this wasn't my best story... well, I hope you like it anyway. I know Sherlock prefers to text, but I had to make someone call and I still think Sherlock was the best idea for an annoying caller!

I still don't have my laptop back and it's really annoying me!

Anyway, thank you so much for sticking around with me and reading my stories, I really appreciate it and love you all. Thank you for reading, please vote and let me know what you think of my writing or stories. And if you want to request, that's always possible.

Thanks again and catch you later!

-MS