seventy one

irish sod.

* * * * * *

*4.5 months later*

It's been three months since I received his first letter and to this day, I received one every two weeks.

I've actually been doing great. His letters didn't really affect me that much.

It's nearly the end of Summer and we just came back a week ago from our holiday. I'm really happy, because when we were gone, I met someone. His name is Niall and he is just the cutest. He knows about Harry, but not actually all of it. I left out the worst part, which is kinda bad, I suppose.

Niall is catholic. I don't care about that to be honest, and I'm not bothered about it either. He told me I am the first girl he has ever liked, which I found absolutely adorable. And now I'm his. He is just one year older than I am. He also told me he's still a virgin and that he wants to wait until marriage, which I'm fine with. That made me think he was sweet and innocent, like I once was. However, he literally told me that it doens't mean we couldn't do anything else. Just not sex.

After Summer ends, I will be going to college, so I will be finally busy again, and I'm glad. I'm only eighteen and it feels nice to go back to school rather than work at a Starbucks without anything to rely on. And so it turns out Niall is studying at the same college for one year already, that was super convenient.

Niall's smile is so cute. Sorry, I can't stop talking about him. But when he smiles, he has this small, cute dimple in his left cheek and it's literally so adorable. It reminds me of Harry's. I used to poke his.

No.

No Harry.

I have Niall now.

But speaking of Harry. Right when we got back, I received another letter in the mail, and this one was a bit different than the others. It wasn't as positive and it wasn't a letter. It was a poem.

It's been awhile since I held you close to my chest,
But I know it is for the best.

Since you've left me, everything's a mess,
I'm afraid and I'm lost, but I'm still okay, I guess.

For me, you are the light shining in the dark,
And when we used to touch each other, I always felt a spark.

Now, everything's changed and I don't know what to do,
I've not only lost myself, but I've also lost you.

I promise to come back as soon as I can,
But first, I have to recover, and become a better man.

You will always have a special place in my heart,

My beautiful Luciana.

May we meet again,

All the love. H

It made me feel all tingly inside and I didn't really know how to feel about it. It made me feel different this time, unlike the other ones. This one actually made me think about it all. It may have all happened 5 months ago, but sometimes it still feels like it's only been a few days ago, which is insane.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say.

The door slowly opens and reveals a blonde haired boy with the most beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey." he says and smiles sweetly at me.

"Niall, hey, what brings you here?" I smile brightly, stand up and open my arms for him.