Six

Florence walked into the Great Hall one morning  and quickly noticed there was no Remus.

"Do you three know where Remus is?" Florence asked Sirius, Peter, and James. The three glanced at each other.

"We were going to ask you the same question." James told her.

"Oh, so you haven't seen him?"

"We haven't seen him since dinner last night." Peter informed her.

"Maybe her got sick?" Florence wondered. Sirius shrugged at her.

"We don't know."

"Well, I thought you'd know. Then again, you two know nothing!"

"Hey!" James and Sirius cried.

"Good day." Florence walked away and left the Great Hall.

As the weeks went on Florence began to miss her home. She missed her mothers silly remarks, her fathers cluelessness for the wizarding world, and she missed Argo. Everything just felt so different.

"Why so down?" Florence looked as Anna walked up next to her.

"I sort of miss home, and I'm bored." Florence answered honestly. Anna gave her a small smile.

"When I was in my first year I missed home too, I still do my first few weeks here. You know what you do?"

"Go home?"

"Do something you love. I loved reading so I read. You love pulling pranks, do that. Even if their small ones! Run or maybe just explore everything. Make it fun for yourself." Florence thought for a moment before replying.

"I'm just bored mostly. My friends are sick, and I didn't have any homework."

"Maybe just go outside and get some fresh air, that might help."

"I guess I'll try that." Florence mumbled. After thanking Anna, she made her way outside.

The autumn weather was colder than usual. The sun hidden behind the grey clouds and wind blew her ponytail around. Florence's eyes immediately settled themselves on the Forbidden Forest. She longed to explore it.

"You'll never have fun if you don't break a few rules." Her mothers voice rang in her head.

"Just don't break too many rules." Her farther added.

Florence looked around to make sure no one was around before she sprinted across into the forest.

Right away Florence noticed how unsettling it was. The farther she walked the darker it got. Branches snapped under her feet as leaves crunched. Adrenaline coursed through her body and Florence was very alert. She constantly looked over her shoulder.

The wind didn't blow as much, as if it was too scared to encounter what lives within the forest. Florence took off the red jacket and tied it around a tree. If she could find it she knew she was heading the right way out.

Florence began to walk, but tripped over her own shoe lace. She groaned and sat up to tie the shoe. Florence turned around and gasped. About fourth yards away stood three centaurs, all equipped with bows. She's head from older students there were a bunch of them, and she was sure more were coming.

Unable to find her words, Florence backed up and untied her jacket from the tree as more centaurs began to show. A small whimper escaped her lips. Florence turned around, jacket in hand, and began to run. She killed over roots, logs, and ducked under tree branches.

Florence dodged trees and she ran. Her breath becoming louder as her heart hammered against her chest.

"This was a bad idea!" Florence shouted as she ran.

Coming out of the forest, Florence ran towards the castle and collapsed to her knees. She took in deep breaths and stared at the grass.

"You know, it's Forbidden for a reason." Florence looked up and saw James, Sirius, and Peter standing in front of her.

"Exactly, so why not go into it?" She remarked.

"You could've got caught!" Peter cried.

"Or killed." Sirius mentioned.

"Oh, does Sirius care for me?" James and Peter burst into laughter as Florence teased the boy.

"No, I just don't want to be a suspect for your death."

"You're just mad because she made it in there before you did." Peter told him.

"If only you were quicker." James said. With a teasing smile Florence got up to face Sirius.

"If you asked I would've given you a head start." James and Peter continued laughing as Sirius just stood there, his arms crossed.

"Hey," Florence said as she put on her jacket. "At least I'm not bored anymore."