Chapter 5

The last few nights Josh and I have been trying just to have positive pregnancy next week as next week is the last week we have until the change partners on those who haven't gotten pregnant yet. It's been nothing but stressful trying to conceive just because my mind is wrapped around the fact that if we don't get pregnant I won't be with Josh anymore. 

"Josh" I look up at him, "What's wrong?" He places his hand on my thigh as he parks the car.

"What are we going to do?"

"I don't know, we will get pregnant don't worry" He kisses my forehead, I nod. We walk into our kitchen and debate on what we want for dinner. We went back and forth for a while before deciding to just order pizza. We make small talk while we eat before cleaning up and just calling it quits for the night. We will try again tomorrow, we are both just so tired and need actual rest without the stress.

I wake up to Josh not being in bed. I get out of bed and walk out of the bedroom. I walk towards the step and can hear him making noise in the kitchen. I made it halfway down the steps before I  smelt oatmeal, my stomach growls as I am starving. 

"Well good morning beautiful." Josh greets me with a smile as I enter the kitchen, "Good morning" I yawn and walk over towards him, wrapping my arms around his torso as he finishes making our breakfast. I grabbed some plates and got us both orange juice as we both sat down to enjoy our breakfast.  

"I'm going to take a shower, I'll be back in a few." I plant a kiss on his cheek and rush upstairs to start the shower. As its warming up I pull out an outfit from our closet and lay them on our bed. I walk into the bathroom and strip down before stepping into the hot shower. I wash my hair and body before shaving. 

I finish rinsing off and open the shower curtain. "God damn it!" I jump, Josh is standing in front of the sink. "Sorry, did I scare you?" He laughs, I keep a straight face. I hold my hand out for the towel sitting on the counter, he hands it to me and still has his playful smirk on his lips.

"You're lucky I love you." I wrap the towel around myself before stepping closer to him, I look up at him. Josh looks down at me and leans down, right before our lips touch I quickly move away and run for the door. I hear Josh laugh and then hear footsteps behind me, I run into our bedroom. Josh runs up behind me and wraps his arms around my stomach. I stand there as he softly runs his hands on my stomach, I smile at the warm sensation through the towel. I let go of the towel, letting it drop to the floor. Josh places his hands back on my stomach and the warm sensation is so much stronger. 

"I can't wait until we become a family of three." He whispers before turning me around placing a kiss on my lips. I smile give him another kiss before pulling him closer to me. We  fall back onto the bed. I roll over and lay my head on his chest. "I'm nervous" He says, I know how he feels. I've been super nervous ever since day one.

"I'm not ready to be a dad, and you're not ready to be a mom." He hugs me tighter. "We don't have a choice, we had to do this. It's just going to make it more weird once we bring him or her in the world." I had to think once I said that, what if she or he is born, but the plague gets my baby? What if he or she dies? I don't think I could live with myself after that.

"Emily?" Josh snaps me out of my thinking. "Yeah" I sit up quickly. "You okay?" I nod, I need to get my mind off of this. 

"Let's try again" I softly say and look over at him, his eyes are locked on mine.

He quickly rolls over, holding himself up with his forearms as he plants his lips against mine. Our lips attack each others as the heat between us rises. Both eager for more than a kiss, I run my hands down his body trying to tug at his pants. He pulls away before slipping off the bed and fully strip.