Chapter 32

Sorry this took so long! It took me a while to truly be happy with the chapter so, I hope all of you will like it! Lots of love and thanks again for all your support! -Roxy.

Chapter 32

The rays of sunshine that streamed into the room blinded me the moment I opened my eyes. I tried to sit up but as usual, Logan’s arms; wrapped tightly around my waist, kept me down and where I was. We’ve been waking up this way every morning for the past week now, and the elated feeling that coursed through my veins every time I realised he’s been holding me the whole night never failed to appear.

I wanted so badly to stay in bed but I forced myself to slip out; brushing my teeth before pulling my hair into a ponytail as quietly as I could. I changed into a comfortable pair of light skinny jeans and paired a white tank top with it; grabbing my leather jacket on my way out of the walk-in closet. My mate had begun to stir after I'd left so I went over to his side and kissed him once on the lips before I tiptoed out the door.

***

I placed the plate of pancakes, eggs and sausages I'd just made on the island counter next to the coffee maker, wedging the piece of paper in my hand underneath the edge of the plate. My note read:

Logan,

Enjoy your breakfast. Sorry I had to duck out so early but I have some errands to run. If you need me, my phone is on and I'll be with Jen. I'm safe, so don't worry. I'll be back soon. Happy Birthday! -Chelsea

I kissed the note once beside the spot where I'd written my name; the pink lip gloss I'd applied earlier leaving an imprint. I got out through the back door and quickly began my walk to Jen's house; knowing that it wouldn't be long before Logan woke up, aware that his wolf could already sense my absence in the house.

***

“His mate ran in here three years ago, right?” Jen asked from beside me; her eyes fully trained on the dirt path ahead of us as we walked. My eyes closed as I nodded; cringing as pity shot through me chest at the memory of Dylan’s saddened face the last time I’d seen him a few days ago.

I’d told her the story of his mate almost as soon as I’d gotten back to Blood Moon territory after my visit; hoping that she would be able to help me in my mission to find Dylan’s mate. "Yeah..."

It had taken me some time, but I’d finally decided where I wanted to start my search; managing to convince Ethan to give me access with a little help from his mate. We were currently on our way there to hopefully get some insight on what happened to Dylan’s mystery girl.

Jen turned to me for a second. "I get that you want to help him Chels, and you want to remain optimistic." She paused with the next part of what she had to say. She opened and closed her mouth a few times as she struggled to get what was currently on her mind, out.

Finally, she sighed as she gave up trying to sugar coat her words. "I'm going to be blunt with you because I don't want you to get disappointed. Dylan's probably right about her; the possibility of his mate surviving that long in our prison is very slim." She said curtly.

I held a finger up as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. A smile lit up my face as I saw my mate's name displayed on my phone screen. "Hello?"

It sounded like he was chewing on the other end of the line. "Hey Chels, I just wanted to say thanks for breakfast; it's delicious. You really didn't have to."

"It was the least I could do."

"Any idea when you'll get home?"

"Um, probably in a few hours or so... Do you need anything?" I asked; waving Jen away as she tried to listen in on the conversation; pressing the side of her head to my phone.