Dock

"Wear this one", Kayla walks into my room with Patrick close behind her. She throws a bright orange bikini at me, and I catch it by surprise in one hand.

We arrived up at Shawzy's cabin last night in Wisconsin. Can I just say, this house seems bigger than one, Andrew's own house, and two, the entire UC stadium. The house has three floors, each floor has to have more square footage than my entire house. The entire team is here with their girlfriends and wives. Most every couple has their own room. A few of the guys share a room since they don't have girlfriends, or the girlfriends just didn't come. I somehow ended up sleeping with Kayla on the couch last night, along with a lot of the girls who we were talking with, the guys had set up some game in the backyard, and a few of them fell asleep on the deck outside.

We're planning on going out on the boats today, and a lot of the guys are going wake boarding. Jonathan's a pro at it, he's been doing it since he was little, and I've seen videos online before from the team of him doing it.

I hold up the two pieces of bathing suit wear in front of me. Patrick and Jonathan both laugh. I let the top fall from my hands, and I hold the bottoms to my body, as if I happened to wear them. "Kayla", I start as the guys laughing dies down. "I have two problems with this. One, it's fifty degrees outside and we're going out in the middle of the lake. I'm not wearing a bikini out there. Two, this is literally two pieces of string. I'm not letting the men, whom I work with and train on a daily basis, see me in an outfit that looks like it could be worn by a prostitute. I wouldn't let you see me in this".

I pick up the bikini top, and throw both pieces of cloth back at Kayla. "Okay, fine. But, you're wearing a bikini today. That water is warmer than the outside air. It will feel like a hot tub compared to the air. Trust me", Kayla tells me. I finish taking everything out of my suitcase and decide on dark grey bikini bottoms and a bright pink bikini top. "You're wearing that, no question".

Without another word from any of us, Kayla walks out of the room, grabbing Patrick and dragging him with her. I push the suitcase to the bottom of the closet and hang my couple of clothes in it, next to Jonathan's clothes.

"My men", we hear called from somewhere in the house. Jonathan and I look at each other and walk out of our bedroom door.

My stomach tingles when I think our bedroom.

Outside of our room, we stand at the balcony that looks down to the sitting room, and up to the third floor balcony. Andrew stands with Chaunette by his side. "We're going out to the boats in ten minutes. Let's go".

"You can take the bathroom first", Jonathan says to me when I ask him if he wanted to use it. We are one of only four rooms to have an ensuite bathroom. I grab my bikini and walk into the bathroom, closing the door quickly. I strip out of the clothes that I had worn yesterday and had fallen asleep in. Pulling my hair into a side braid, I finish pulling the bikini onto my body.

"Your turn", I say to Jonathan as I walk out, but I find that he's already in his swim trunks, and throwing a shirt over his head and onto his body. "Or not".

"Come on. Grab your coat and towel", Jonathan tells me.

I put my winter coat on over my body and a pair of flip flops on my feet. Jonathan grabs his sunglasses from next to the bed. "I can't believe I'm doing this", I mumble to myself.

Jonathan's arm snakes around my shoulders, pulling me to his side. His lips bury in my hair, placing a light kiss. "This is going to be fun. Promise".

Jonathan and I head downstairs and find most everybody standing in the sitting room. They all stand quietly, waiting for Andrew to tell us what's next.

"Everybody ready? Boys get the boats ready, ladies bring out the lunch packs."

The forty, or so, of us all head out the back door and to the shore line. As soon as we reach the shore, I wrap my coat even tighter around my body. I see Kayla laugh at me, but I see Kayla soon do the same with her coat as we load the food onto the four large speed boats off of Shaw's private dock.

None of us girls are able to reach into the boats from the dock, we pretty much throw everything onto each boat. "Toews", I hear someone call in the background of us girls complaining about the boats. "Go help your girl".

I suddenly look around, but before I can turn, two hands grip my waist and I'm hoisted into the air. I squeal slightly and close my eyes in shock, then somehow, my feet are planted on the floor of the boat. I open my eyes and turn to the edge of the boat. "You're welcome", Jonathan says nonchalantly. He walks back to the second boat, where he was helping to try to start the boat up. The girls hand me food from their hands, and I organize it at the front of the boat.

The twenty of us girls finish loading all the boats with the food for the afternoon, and our men help us onto the boats. On my boat, it's me and Jonathan, Andrew and Chaunette, Patrick and Kayla, Marian and Jane, and Artem and Ksenia.

Andrew drives our boat out into the lake. Crawford, Keith, and Seabrook drive the other three boats behind ours. "Who's first?"

We all look to Chaunette, who's holding the paddle board in her hands. "I'll do it", I hear Jonathan say.

Jonathan rips off his tank top over his head, hangs it around my shoulders, and grabs the lime green board. He throws himself over the back of the boat. I move closer to the end of the bench to see him in the water. Jonathan moves the board to go rope that ties the board to the boat, and hoists himself onto it.

"Ready?" Andrew yells to Jonathan from the captain's seat.

Jonathan give Andrew a thumbs up. He starts moving forward and Jonathan is tugged along on the rope. As Andrew speeds, the waves come off of the boat. Jonathan balances on the board, and moves against and with the waves, letting go of the rope. It looks really fun, but I could never even start to balance, let alone do what Jonathan is doing. He has a gigantic smile on his face. Jonathan's eyes meet mine for a split second.

I'm falling in love with Jonathan Toews.

Falling hard.