Chapter 3: The Concerned Maid

A/n: "Cheng Rui Wei" "Rui Wei" "Madam Cheng" or "3rd Madam" are all referring to MC.

--

Wu Sona made her resolve... That she must at least do something for the 3rd Madam, Cheng Rui Wei.

Wu Sona asked for an advice, from a Palace Maid which she befriended by chance.

The Palace Maid said that the 3rd Madam was probably just anxious because the 1st wife was about to give birth, and if the 1st wife's child came out to be a son, then it'll be disastrous for the 3rd Madam's position, and there's also the 2nd wife Skyne Lily who is a year younger than the 3rd Madam--

The Palace Maid said so many things that it made her head spin, in the end the Palace Maid 'kindly' advised her that she should just get rid of the 3rd Madam's source of anxiousness (the 1st wife) ....

At first Wu Sona hesitated, afterall killing an innocent person is a bit too much for her-- but seeing Rui Wei's series of big sighs and her eyes full of disappointment, she finally made her decision.

She first planned on what to use against the 1st wife. Afterall there are many experts lurking around the manor, and she as one Rui Wei's personal maid, represents Rui Wei.

She can't assassinate, her cultivation is far too weak, and she doesn't the have money to hire an assassin. She also can't use poison, Doctor Lola is a revered doctor which came from the Heavenly Hands Sect.

She just can't take the risk... It must be done perfectly. That's when she remembered the Blood Flower, this was popularly used as a blood nourishment.

But back on her hometown, it has another use;A reverse effect. Instead of nourishing your blood, it will instead make you bleed, it was used on people who were bitten by poisonous creatures. This method was only passed down on their hometown.

She thoroughly thought of her plans, even going as far as using her military merits just to go out and get the Blood Flower, it is better to not trust anyone, than exposing herself due to carelessness.

As a worker from the General's Manor, the General sometimes bring them on expeditions. And if they properly execute their job, they can earn military merits, the military merits has may uses, but is it extremely hard to gain. 

But in the end-- the 3rd Madam got mad at her... Wu Sona just didn't understand it... The Palace Maid clearly said that the 3rd Madam might even reward her-- just where did she go wrong?

Wu Sona pondered about what Rui Wei said....

"I just want to live peacefully inside the Manor...." Remembering her words, Sona can't help but frown.... Then Madam, why are you always looking outside? Your face distressed, your eyes disappointed, your mouth continuously letting out a sigh...

Wu Sona soon reached the kitchen while spacing out, she then pinched her cheeks--

"3rd Madam is really weird.." She mumbled under her breath.

--
After she conveyed the 3rd madam's message, 3 other more maids accompanied her to deliver the food to Rui Wei's room.

Wu Sona and the three, carried one tray each.

"Hey, Sona-- why did the 3rd Madam get angry to you?" Lulu, the girl beside Sona, curiously asked, her face full of confusion, just what did Sona do to make that emotionless lady angry?

"Ah, now that you mention it, 3rd Madam really did get angry!" The girl with a fiery red hair said, she is Sena, a 3rd rank Fire Mage also a kitchen Maid. She and Turi a girl with blonde hair, walked behind Sona and Lulu.

"Eeh-- the 3rd Madam? Madam Cheng?" Turi dubiously asked, the 3rd Madam she knew was an emotionless beauty. This gossip instantly caught the three's attention... What could possibly invoke an emotion to their 3rd Madam who was an emotionless beauty?

Hearing all the questions, Sona can't help but blush in shame and guilt... How could she possibly say that she tried to kill the 1st Madam?!

But she only did it because the 3rd Madam was acting weird--

She only wanted to help the 3rd Madam and nothing more...

But-- remembering the 3rd Madam's strict look towards her-- she could only shake her head and say...

"Ah-- that, I just- ah... I tripped and the jar I was carrying almost fell on her belly--" Wu Sona lied, her face held a helpless expression...

"Ooh, is that so--" Lulu, quickly lost interest, Sona's words made sense.. No matter how emotionless the 3rd Madam could be, she would at least have a paternal love towards her child-- or she would cherishing the child for her position.

"Pfff-- Sona, you were actually a klutz? Hahaha~" Sena teased, as she continued to laugh.

"Oh..." Turi the one lagging behind, nodded in acknowledgement.

No one doubted Sona, as they knew her as an honest and straightforward person.

***

I sat up on my bed as I waited for the maids to bring the food.

Oiya-- did the little guy on my stomach just kicked?

"Excited to get out? yeah, me too... Just hurry up and get out of my stomach so I can roam this fantasy world~" I whispered on my stomach, like an idiot.

I rubbed my big stomach and sighed-- Just one more month.....

As I was thinking about that, I hear the oncoming steps of the maids--

'Hmm..? Only 3 maids? There should be four maids, though..... usually there are four maids carrying my foods, each one carrying a tray.'

'That's weird, was my diet changed? Why wasn't I informed. I closed my eyes and quietly listen to their footsteps as they got close to my room.'

"!!!" Four! There are four of them! Rui Wei was shocked, the last one's footsteps was so faint that she could barely hear it, if it wasn't for the water Qi on her body, then Rui Wei definitely would not notice her. Every step of an individual sounds like a rippling water to her.

Rui Wei could feel the Water Qi, the 75% water on her. She could see the Water Qi, and she recognizes the maid as a moving bundle of water Qi.

*Door Opens*

"Please excuse us." The four maids simultaneously bowed, Lulu the Earth Mage stepped forward and waved her hand, the red ring on her hand shone, and a round table with chairs aligned appeared. They then proceeded to place the dishes on their respective places.

While the maids were busy on arranging the food, one could only see Rui Wei's small red lips slightly open.

Heavens!! A spatial ring! This was her first time personally seeing one, although she have seen it on the Original's memory, she can't help but be amazed of it.

Although the red spatial ring has the smallest capacity of storing, which is only a (5x5) square room, it is still enviable!!

Why is it that a Maid has a spatial ring and she a Noble Lady does not have one?! *ahem* It seems like she would have a good talk with the steward tomorrow morning. As she was busy looking at the storage ring, her eyes suddenly shifted to the small figure busily arranging the food. Rui Wei, looked at the small figure carefully.

Everything the little girl do, produces the smallest sound-- Rui Wei could only think of one thing.

This little maid. She is a Wind Mage.