0.9

-POV Samm-

I stood in the doorway of her room. She was cuddled up in a mess of blankets, pillows were on the floor. Her hair was a mess.

I left her be and decided to make lunch, she's been sleeping for a while. Bacon, hash browns, and pancakes.

Near the time I was about to finish I heard a yawn, I turned and saw Opal standing in the doorway.

"Do I smell bacon?" She said quietly, and raspy. It was cute. She was groggy from waking up.

"Yeah, you like bacon?" I replied.

"Like it? I love it," she practically sprinted out of the doorway and into the kitchen. She sniffed out the already made bacon on the counter behind me and stole a piece. I turned around to see her nibbling on it. I turned back around and smiled.

I finished making the rest of the pancakes and served them up with the hash browns and bacon. Opal was sitting at the island so that's where we ate.

I watched her as she ate, a few small bites, a sip of coffee and repeat until finished. I was different, big bite, small bite, sip, big bite, small bite, sip. We ate in silence.

Once we finished I told her, "if you don't mind I took your wet clothes and put them in the wash."

"No, it's fi-" her hands shot to her chest, she looked up at me in shock, "you took my bra too!"

"It's not like I did it for my own personal needs! You rather have a dry bra then a damp one right?" I felt my face turn red and took her finished plate and mine to go wash it.

"Well yeah, I guess."

"Then I don't see the problem, your clothing is down the hallway three doors down. Go get them when you need them." I felt like I was being too hard on her, what does it mean to too harsh on a girl? She clearly enjoyed last night, which means we're going on another date. I'll somehow have to top last nights.

She got up and I assume went to change. Too bad, she looked really cute in my shirt. It was way too big for her. I finished washing our plates and went to change myself.

She and I met in the living room an hour later, she must have taken another shower because her hair was slicked back like it had gel in it. Her hair was just amazing when it was slicked back like it was it went well past her butt.

"Hello?" Her voice was like a red silk, soft and soothing.

"Oh. Sorry, we should get going." I grabbed my keys and tossed them to her, "you can drive."

"What? Why?"

"I don't feel like it, lock the door on your way out." I walked out the door and got in the car.

Once I got to the car I laughed, she was just so cute. She came out and swung herself into the driver's seat, "I don't know the way back to the dorms you know," she said starting the car and buckling.

"Is it that important?" I asked.

"If we're trying to get back to the dorms then yeah, it kinda is."

I sighed, "then I guess you'll have to find the way."

She sighed even louder than me, "alright."

She whipped the car out of the driveway and sped down the road, we were going way past the speed limit. After a fast twenty miles down the road, she turned off onto and dirt road. The speed gained again and she slammed on the breaks making the car do a doughnut and stop. She quickly gout out if the driver's seat and opened up my door, "your driving."

I didn't say anything I just got out and into the driver's side. After driving for a while I said, "where did you learn to drive like that?"

"When I was young I rode four wheelers and dirt bikes with my parents." She put her hair in a ponytail, "I did that to force you to drive, not because I was showing off."

I shook my head at her and smiled. I know what we're doing for our next date.

-0-

-POV Opal-

Samm dropped me off at my dorm, "should I walk you up?" He asked.

"No thanks, Zed will just freak out."

"Alright, well text me or call me later."

"Don't count on it," I closed the car door and started my way up the three flights of stairs. He didn't drive away until I walked through the front door.

Upon closing the door behind me I got the wind knocked out of me and I hit the floor, Zelda was on top of me, "How did it go!?" Her eyes were bulging out of her face. 

"Get off of me and I'll tell you." She quickly climbed off me and helped me up. I sat down on the couch and told her all about the fireworks and the beach and the house.

But the only thing she seemed the most concerned about was the meal that I have to take her to. She decided on a local buffet so she can gorge herself on fattening food.

I agreed and excused myself to go change.

I opened the door to my room sitting on my bed was a letter, "Hey Zed?"

"Yes?" She called from the living room.

"What's this letter?"

"Not sure, it was in our PO Box with your name on it."

"Alright," I opened the letter, it was sloppy handwriting,

I know you were the one that turned me in. I know that you're the one that got my football scholarship revoked. Just know be ready for anything. Football was where my anger was taken out. Now I don't have football, so that means my anger is going to go somewhere other than football.
Watch your back.
Who knows what I'll do.

"Um. Zed. You should come read this." My heart was pounding. I didn't turn Asher Cummings in. It's not my fault he got his scholarship revoked.

Zelda rushed into the room and I handed her the letter, she read it, "don't sweat it, Opal, I'm sure it's just a joke."

Too bad I am going to sweat it, I know what he can do over a bad coffee, so what's it mean for me since he thinks I'm the one who turned him in.