Chapter Ten: Crazy House

Rachel's bedroom door quickly opens and Rachel runs underneath her sheets."Go away!" she yells.

"What is wrong with you, girl?" John says.

"I saw someone behind you!" she says. "I don't want this eye. I want my other eye back."

John rolls his eyes. "What are you blabbing about?"

She slides the sheets down from her face. "There was something behind you."

John peeks behind him. "You better stop them lies before you get locked up in the crazy house," John says.

"I'm not lying," she gets out of the bed. "And I'm not crazy. Georgie fixed my eye and he says if I take you to him I'll get my dad back." 

A smile creeps onto John's face then his head shoots back and he breaks out in loud laughter. "That's the best thing I heard all day. Where is this Georgie?"

"He's in the basement. Come on, I'll show you," she says walking out of the room.

The two of them walk downstairs, John behind Rachel chuckling to himself and smiling. Once they got to the door John hit the switch that was strangely put above the door. "Oh!" Rachel says when she notices the switch. Even if she knew it was there, she wouldn't be able to reach it without a chair.

The lights in the basement come on and brighten the whole room. Rachel walks down first. "What the hell is Georgie doing down here?"

Rachel runs behind the stairs and points at the box. "He's in here," she kneels down and knock on the box. "Georgie, John's here."

Nothing. No eyes, no response. "Georgie?" she tries again. 

Nothing.

"Georgie?" John says looking around. "I'm here. You can take me and give Rachel her dad back."

Nothing.

Rachel flips over the box. "Geor-" He's not there.

 "Geor-" He's not there

John claps. "You are hilarious." he starts to walk back upstairs but stop before he walks out. "You need to stop coming in here. Also, stay away from Georgie. He's going to get you sent to the crazy house." With that said he walks out the door and starts laughing to himself.

Rachel stands there, confused why Georgie didn't keep his promise. "You lied to me!" she yells out into the void then walks out of the basement.