Chapter Eight

*Dedicated to Nickymb because writing this chapter reminded me of our friendship*

I'm so excited...I feel like the same girl who started writing this book a year ago!

I have so much planned this time around and I'm just getting started.

And yes, I may have stopped writing this book for a while, but my cliff hangers never left me. There here, and I'm not sorry for dropping them on you!

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Thank you for reading!

Can I get 60 votes and 15 comments?

If I can, I'll upload chapter nine by tonight or early tomorrow!

VOMMENT.

xxSummerxx

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Chapter Eight

"We did the right thing, Faye," Dad reassures me in the car as we drive home from the police department.

I stare out the window and nod, hoping his words are all the encouragement I need.

"I hope so." I admit, rubbing my hands together.

After telling him mom called last night, we sat down and discussed what we would do. He said we would go down to the police department a little after noon the next day-and that's exactly how everything went. I insisted that we keep this between the two of us, but he refused and told me he'd have to tell Laura and Layla as well.

Which explains why they are in the car now, sitting in the backseat with their eyes fixated forward.

"She has some real nerves." Layla muses, folding her arms across her chest in the process.

Laura rubs her shoulder and makes eye contact with me through the rear view mirror, "Everything will be okay."

I nod and take a quick glance at Dad. After all this, he's been generally quiet, unless it is to assure me that our actions were justified. I could tell on his face that what happened last night took a huge toll on his patience.

The rest of the car ride back home is silent; however, with my head leaning against the car rail, the wind was the only thing making vast noise.

Once we reached home, we all got out and waited for Dad to open the front door of the house. We filed in one by one and then separated on our own ways after the door was closed.

All of us were so engrossed in our own thoughts that it didn't even occur to us that we were being extremely introverted at the moment.

I head up the stairs, a few steps behind Layla, and push at the door to make my way into my room. The first thing I catch sight of is my phone, and I hesitantly walk over to it.

No new messages.

A sigh escapes my lips even though mom hasn't made any contact with me since last night. I still feel like she's watching me-maybe because she is.

Walking over to my bed, I plop down and sit there momentarily, trying to relax myself. It only takes a few seconds to realize that sitting idle was not calming at all.

"Ugh," I moan, throwing my head back against the covers.

A tiny knock at my door makes me freeze in my position.

"Hey, can I come in?" Layla, as I recognize immediately, speaks from the other side of the door.

I lift myself up while saying, "Of course."