>>TwentyFour<<

Adrien's POV

Dammit.

This was all completely uncalled for.

I messed up, badly.

No-badly doesn't even sum it up.

Severely, maybe.

But a suicide attempt?

I never thought she would have gone that far.

I left Marinette in the supervision of her parents, just to be safe.

Isn't Marinette supposed to be a bubbly, cheerful person?

Okay, half of that was actually because of me, but the other half was what? Her life in general, bullying, insecurities-what?

I was pacing around in my room, tugging at the ends of my hair.

I'll just wait for that stress acne while I go to sleep for the night.

But not before sending an I love you to Marinette.

Marinette's POV

Adrien left after my little statement of his one-week deadline. Once he left with a hug, (which was one sided) my parents came up to see what all the commotion was about.

Then they noticed a whole ton of pills scattered on the tile floor behind me, my tear streaked face, and hair that looked like it was never brushed at all.

They gasped. "Sweetie, what happened here?" My mom asked in worry.

I shrugged and looked to the side. "Nothing mom, I just spilled a few things."

"Well, the tears on your face and a thrown down book bag isn't stating 'nothing'," my dad said from behind her.

I burst out crying. I can't keep bottling these emotions inside. It's too much.

They hushed me more a bit, after minutes of sobbing. "You wanna sleep with us tonight?" My mom asked. I sniffed and nodded, remembering those times as a kid when I would ask to sleep with them. "Okay, I'm going to make some room for you while Sabine makes dinner." My dad spoke softly. He left and let my mom take me downstairs into the kitchen. The bakery was closed for the night, earlier than expected. Probably my fault.

I stared off into space, leaning my head on the palm of my hand.

How come Adrien kept that secret from me? For such a long time too. He was probably disappointed that I was the one.

Or was he just afraid?

Afraid of what though?

Minutes later I felt writing being spread across my arm. That was going to take some getting used to; it felt weird.

All it took were three words to reassure me of most things. Three simple little words, each with one syllable. Three short words with so much meaning. Three words put together to bring me to comfort before bed an hour later.

I love you.

Bridgette's POV

Why did I do what I did?

For what reason?

Oh right.

Adrien.

Adrien himself.

Back in America, I knew very well who he was. Not just as a famous model, but as a classmate. I was an invisible kid in my school, particularly my fault. I would shy away from everyone who tried talking to me, having no friends at all.