- casual danger -

IT WAS SATURDAY, and after a long week of school and testing, Bucky and Steve decided it was time to take Elenora shopping

Rather, they decided it was time to call Natasha and Wanda, and beg them (although they didn't really need to be asked twice) to bring Elenora to a mall, and help her find out clothes. Of course, they agreed almost immediately, feeling as if she could fill the void of the lost sense of family.

That's how we get to Bucky rushing a sleepy Elenora through the kitchen on a saturday morning.

"Come on," Bucky whined, "you're gonna be late. They are coming to pick you up in five minutes!" he exclaimed. Elenora, despite Bucky's endless cries, leaned against the counter with an apple in her mouth.

"They aren't coming for another ten minutes, Buck," Steve reasoned. The soldier just rolled his eyes in response.

"Steven Rogers," he started, his tone mimicking an exhausted kindergarten teacher. "Do not tell me that the aren't coming for another ten minutes, Natasha Romanoff is an assassin, and assassins are always early."

Elenora, who was the calmest in the room, just continued to eat because there was really no point in siding with either of them, she knew that it always caused a fight. The little disputes they had were nothing to worry about, it was common in all relationships, but Elenora couldn't help but wonder if maybe, just maybe she was the start of all their problems.

"That's enough," Steve called, probably worried about how Elenora was so calm in the whole commotion. He knew her life wasn't perfect before him, and this probably wasn't the best way to get her to feel safe. With all the fighting between him and Bucky, or between Bucky and Tony, the tension in every room seemed to rise when Elenora appeared. Steve just wanted her to smile, and to be happy. He just wanted to see her better than he found her, lost, confused, and scared.

The doorbell rang about seven minutes later.

Natasha was dressed in jeans and a gray T-shirt, a blue sweater to protect her from the cold. Wanda, however, was wearing red leather jacket atop her black stylish shirt. Of course, Elenora felt terribly out of place in one of Steve's old sweatshirts and a pair of leggings.

Natasha grinned at Elenora, "Hey, kiddo, you ready?"

Elenora nodded, and Wanda smiled. "This is gonna be a lot of fun," the twin noted. Even as happy as she was, Wanda's mind wandered off of a split second, back to her old life. Her mother always took her and Pietro shopping, every Easter, it was a tradition. She bit lip when she remember April sixteenth, the day her mother announced that her and Pietro would be getting another sibling. The twins bet on the gender, Pietro taking guy and Wanda taking girl. Of course, they were both betting on not what was most likely, but the sibling they'd rather have. Their parents died before the child was born, having been killed in the war. But it was okay now, she had come with terms, and maybe giving her Elenora was a little 'sorry' present from the universe.