The Accident

I could hear my pulse in my ears. It felt the same way from when you held a shell to your ear and you could hear the thumping against your eardrum echo all around you. It felt like that combined with the feeling of hot, tense energy coursing through my veins.

"I need you two to keep her safe and don't let her near Bucky until we can get him back to normal. I'm trying to outrun the people here to meet you guys outside, as long as Bucky doesn't get to me first. If I can make it, I'll hop in the quinjet and then we can bail," Steve continued.

Sam and Natasha complied and shut the com off. I felt their heads get hot and anxious and their tension turned towards me. I didn't bother reading their minds because I frankly was too worried what was going on in their heads.

My hands started to shake and I tapped my feet rapidly against the floor. My head was pounding. All this emotional energy was throbbing throughout my limbs and surged through my palms. My fingers got sweaty and my heart raced faster and faster and faster. I felt like I was going to pass out from the stress, so I just held my head in my hands as I felt my temples throb in sync with the rest of me.

"Darby, are you okay?" Natasha turned back to me.

I didn't reply. Oh god. I couldn't control myself. Something was going to happen, but I didn't know what. I shook my head and kept it all bottled inside.

"Darby?" Natasha rushed towards me, holding a hand out.

"Don't touch me. I have a bad feeling about this. I don't trust myself Natasha. I'm scared. I did this for Bucky and I know I need to help, but god, I'm scared," I cried.

"You'll be fine-"

"Stop telling me that! I thought I could do this, but I can't! I can't," my voice cracked, hands shaking. The quinjet started shaking and Natasha wobbled along side of it.

"Darby, you need to calm down, please-"

"I can't! Steve is in trouble and Bucky is trying to kill me! How can I calm down?!" I screamed. The quinjet alarmed sounds and Sam screeched.

"Will you calm her down back there, she's crashing the jet!" Sam yelled, rapidly firing his fingers at any button that blinked.

"I can't hold it in Natasha, I can't! I can't hold it in," I clenched my jaw and shook my head.

"Natasha!" Sam screamed. "Darby, stop this right now, or you'll kill us all!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry," I started crying, curling into a ball, pulling my legs up and hugging my knees.

"Stop yelling!" Natasha hypocritically replied.

"I'll stop when she stops! I've lost all control and we are all going to die and it will be her fault!"

"Do not say that Wilson!"

I continued crying through the thrashing of the jet and the flashing of lights around me. Alarms were going off and Natasha was still fighting with Sam.

It was too much. The simulation before was terrifyingly real, but nothing compares to this.

The sounds.

The lights.

The yelling.

Bucky.