53. Moving Forward

Dedicated to BittersweetZonira for your constant and amazing support towards Unconditionally! Thanks hon!

A huge shout out to jhalakshah2 for always worrying about my health and also for being such an incredible reader and supporter. Thanks doll!

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

Suzzanah's POV

It's dark

The first thing I noticed when I felt somewhat oriented again, was that I could barely see anything at all. Everything was pitch black, as though I had been thrown into a dark endless abyss. It was cold all around me as I sat motionless on hard, dry ground.

I could hear a constant pitter-patter from somewhere far away which sounded a lot like, persistently falling rain. My body felt a little numb, as though I hadn't moved my hands or legs in ages. And a strange heaviness had settled in my chest, making it a little hard for me to breathe.

Slowly, I blinked in the dark, trying to make sense of my surroundings. I was leaning against the wall, or so I thought, till I turned my head to face whatever was behind me.

A loud bout of thunder echoed throughout the room the darkness was momentarily dispersed by the bright silver-white glow of a peal of lightening that flowed in through the glass windows. And I found myself staring at a large wooden shelf filled with hundreds of books, stacked close to one another.

The light in the room dimmed and darkness fell once again, but by now, my eyes had grown somewhat accustomed to my grey-black surroundings, and my mind had pieced together exactly where I was.

"The library..." I whispered, still watching the tall bookshelf behind me before turning my head to take in my surroundings.

I was sitting on the floor in the middle of some random aisle of the enormous library where I had learnt so much about the Supernatural world around me. In the company of all my friends, I had enjoyed being in this large hall filled with books of every genre, learning about the world I was now a part of.

But right now, sitting here all alone, I couldn't help but feel afraid. I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to be here right now.

It was eerily quiet all around me despite the ubiquitous sound of the persistently falling rain. A dreary, ominous air hung heavily all around me as I sat shrouded in the shadows cast by the tall wooden shelves that surrounded me.

Shadows...too many Shadows...

I felt her before I saw her, gliding slowly out of the darkness. My eyes moved towards her as she emerged from next to the shelf behind me, a pitch black ghostly silhouette of her true self.

Forme d'ombre

I stared at the Shadow form of the girl who was my roommate and to whom I had grown attached over the past few days. The girl who had never been anything but nice to me. The girl who had helped me even when I hadn't asked for it. The girl who had risked exposing her identity in order to try and rescue me.

The girl...who was supposedly...my enemy.

For a few seconds, she didn't move and just stood there at a distance, but when those seconds had passed, she slowly glided towards me, her movements too fluid to be called walking.