{Chapter 7}

My Possessive Vampire Boss
______

_Chapter 7_

"Why" I ask him. "I told you, you're different" He simply answers. "What does that even mean? Mr. Connor, I don't understand you, can you explain it a little better?" I kindly ask. I glance outside the window and watch the cars and people and houses go by. "That is not my story to tell. And please call me Lucas, Miss Summers" He says. That wasn't the answer I was looking for. Why can't he just tell me? I want to know why Jason Black is acting like this. He's always so cruel to everyone, except for me and I want to know why.

"If I'm going to call you Lucas that I insist that yo will call me Emma" I tell him with a smirk on my face. "Miss Summers, I'm afraid I can't do that. I have orders" He says, my smirk falls right of my face. "Then you know what I am going to call you, Mr. Connor" I say playfully. "You like playing games don't you, Miss Summers?" He questions me. "What can I say? I'm a child at heart" I say, with a playful grin. "I know that very well and that is one of the reason why he does not want to be angry at you, Miss Summers" He says.

Is he trying to make my head explode from confusion and curiosity? "Because I'm a child at heart means he doesn't want to be angry at me?" I ask confused. This doesn't make any sense to me. "Pretty much. Miss Summers, if you want to know more you will have to ask Mr. Black but I'm warning you, don't ask him questions about his personal life or his family. He shall open up to you soon and when he does, you can ask him anything you want to know" He tells me.

Is he one of those people that keep everything to themselves and build a wall around their heart and mind. I've heard that those people have a horrible past. Mr. Black doesn't look like the type of person that has a horrible past. "You sound so sure of it that he will open up to me. I just met him few days ago, so why would he open up to someone he just met? Especially when it's me?" I ask. Something in those words broke my heart a little. Jason Black doesn't care enough for me to open up to his past and everything about him.

I'm speaking the truth but deep inside of me I don't want this to be the truth. I have never felt this way before and I don't like it when I feel this way. I'm sad and yet happy. My emotions are all over the place. "Trust me, I know he will open up to you, sooner or later. Otherwise, he is making a big mistake. Now enough chat, we are here" He tells me. "Soon you're going to explain it to me" I say. I'm going to find out the truth one day. "You'll never stop trying, do you, Miss Summers?" He asks. I shake my head.

"No" I say with a grin. I get out of the car. "Good morning, Miss Summers" Mr. Black says as soon as I enter the building. I didn't even get a chance to breathe before he shows up. "Good morning" I say. There is no one in the lobby. Not a single soul. It's kind of creepy and strange, because all the times I have been there the lobby is crowded with people, some are working by the computers or talking to the people at the computers while others are walking and talking. "I see you've noticed how empty the lobby is today, it is going to be like this from now on. Come I have many things to explain to you" He tells me and before I could even react to his words he walks away. He seriously needs to stop doing that. I follow him. I will never get used to how big this building really is.

He stops in front of a elevator. "This is your elevator, you will only use this elevator and no other than this one. You shall not use the stairs unless it's an emergency like a fire or an earthquake. If those happen you shall be with me at all times. Now, use it and meet me in my office" He tells me and sadly I have to do everything he says if I want to keep my job. The doors of the elevator open and I walk inside, the door close. I feel it go up. After a minute the doors open once again and I let out a soft gasp. Mr. Black is standing right in front of me. How did he even get here so fast?