Prologue

"But why?" Bellatrix asked. This was a bizarre thing to ask her after all.

"Because you know this needs to happen, Rabastan shows no interest and my father is relying on me," Rodolphus said calmly. He knew better than to anger Bellatrix, as she could be very unpredictable when she was angry.

"I can't do it Rodulphus! Don't you understand what would happen! I wouldn't be able to furfill the wishes of the Dark Lord! My answer is no!" Bellatrix responded. Rodulphus was stupid. He couldn't win this argument.

"Bellatrix please. If you cared about me one bit you would do this for me!"

"But what if I don't care for you?" Bellatrix asked, crossing her arms. Her husband was being unusually stubborn, this clearly meant a lot to him. Perhaps for once she should give him what he wanted, maybe after that her would never pester her again. But this was asking for a lot.

"I know you care for me Bella. Now please, I am begging you, I must keep up my families honour!" Rodulphus pleaded.

"I will bring this up with the Dark lord. That's my final offer."

Rodulphus ran up to his wife, picked her up and kissed her. "Thank you, I love you so much,"

"If you pick me up again I will slit your throat,"

"Oh, sorry."

~*~

The next day Bellatrix and Rodulphus sat around a large black table in the Malfoy Manor, accompanied by their fellow death eaters. Bellatrix was sitting across from her sister, Narcissa Malfoy, and next to her husband.

"Does everyone understand my plan? It will surely succeed unless you screw up again,"

"Yes My lord," the room said in unison.

Bellatrix waited a moment before raising her voice.
"My lord, may I ask a question?"

"Make it quick Bella, I don't have all day." He replied.

"Would you accept a death eater having a baby?"

The table went silent. Bellatrix sat down further into her chair, wondering if her request had been out of line.

"My dear Bella, why would you want a baby? You hardly seem the type?" The dark lord replied after a moment of thought. A gentle wave of laughter spread around the room.

"Rodulphus and I had been speaking of it, but of course we wouldn't do anything without your approval my lord," Bellatrix replied, her eyes staring at the floor.

"If this is what you wish, you have my blessing," Voldemort said, not really varying the tone in his voice.

"Thank you my lor-" Bellatrix started, before being interrupted by her master.

"However," he stated. "If any you wish to expand your family, the mother of the child would be required to stop going out of missions and performing any acts of physical labour, as an example hunting aurors. Said death eater would be required to furfill this criteria until the child reaches two years of age,"

"But my lord..." Bellatrix protested.

"I don't want to hear it Bellatrix. Now I have other business to attend to," the dark lord announced before disapparating.

Most of the death eaters had already left, so Narcissa came over to Bellatrix.

"Are you really thinking of babies Bella?" Narcissa asked, showing a hint of concern in her voice.

"Why?" Bellatrix asked, keeping her composure.

"It's just I've never seen you as the maternal type. You know me and Lucius are also thinking about it but have never mentioned yourself,"

"To be honest it never crossed my mind," Bellatrix admitted. "But Rodulphus is desperate for a child and I have never really done anything for him. It would also be good to carry on the black family name."

"Yes. Oh, Bella, would you stay for dinner, we never really see each other other than these meetings," Narcissa asked.

"I would love to Cissy, but I'm afraid I have to sort this baby business out with Rodulphus. How about in a couple of days we all get together, you and Lucius can come over to our manor and enjoy dinner with us?"

Narcissa seemed saddened but the refusal, but excited at the turn of events. "Ok, see you in a few days!"

She hugged Bellatrix before the death eater returned to her home.

Bellatrix was in the bathroom sorting out her hair when she felt touch her shoulder. She saw Rodolphus in the mirror she was looking at.

"Rodulphus?" She asked,

"Yes?"

"I'll do it. I'll have a baby. But only so they can carry on the pure blood line."

"Thank you so much! I love you!" He said, before spinning her around and kissing her.

"I know you love me," Bellatrix said quietly.

A/N

This is the first part! Please leave recommendations for what to happen next as I'm not really sure! This is my first HP fanfic so obvs I don't own any of it but yeah.