Bad Dreams

"No!"

A sudden yell pulled you out of your slumber and you shot up in your bed, clicking on the lamp and looking quickly around your hotel room.

What the hell was that?

Who the hell was that?

Or... Had it just been a dream?

Thirty seconds later and there was a pounding at your door.

Shit.

"Y/N.... Y/N, it's Spencer. Open up.... Please!" he sounded as if he was begging and you wondered what on earth had happened to him. You slipped out of bed and padded across the room, opening the door and tugging down the oversized shirt you wore as a nightie.

Almost as soon as the door was open and your colleague and friend had flung his arms around you, hugging you tightly.

"Oh thank god... thank god you're okay," relief flooded his voice and it wasn't until you coughed loudly that he released you, a sudden sheepish looking falling over his face.

"Spence.... You okay sweetie?"

"I erm... I had a dream, a nightmare really. You were killed, in front of me and I couldn't save you," his voice sounded small and frail, not at all like the Spencer you knew and adored.

"I was so scared... And so devastated, and when I woke up, I had to check. I'm sorry for waking you up."

You gave him a small smile, "It's okay. I have dreams like that too sometimes. It's horrible. Are you okay now?"

He nodded and ran a hand through his even more messier than usual hair.

"I'm okay, I'll erm.. Leave you to get back to sleep."

He hesitated as he turned and you suddenly felt terrible for him. He'd looked and sounded so relieved when he'd seen you alive which made you realise he must care deeply for you.

"Reid... Do you wanna sleep in here? Beds big enough for two?"

He looked unsure at first until you reached out your hand and gently tugged him inside your room, shutting the door behind you both.

You climbed back in to bed, scooting over so you more to one side than you had been before as Spencer climbed in next to you.

"Come here," you held your arm out and patted your chest signalling for him lay his head on you. Tentatively he did, his arm laying over your tummy and his head tucked into the crook of your next.

"I'm sorry.... I shouldn't have woke you up...."

You smoothed his hair back and gently started to run your fingers through his hair.

"Shhhhhh, it's okay."

"I just... I couldn't stand the thought of losing you."

"You won't..."

Both of you were whispering and you could tell from Spencers breathing that he was drifting off to sleep.

"Promise"

"I promise Spencer. You'll never lose me."