The Hybrid

(The Smoky Mountains)

Bella's POV.

Me, Stefan and Klaus are walking through the woods in the Smoky Mountains, and I'm starting to think that Ray lied to us about the werewolves being here as we haven't heard or seen any of them for hours. I look over to Stefan who is carrying Ray, and it looks like he's getting a bit tired.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" I hear Klaus taunt him, as I trail behind them.

"I'm fine" Stefan tells him, as he switches shoulders that he is carrying Ray on.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." Klaus tries to tell him smugly, but Stefan guys him off.

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great" Stefan tells him annoyed.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend" Klaus tells him, and I start to smell some werewolves.

"Maybe it's 'cause we're a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer" I tell him, as I push through them both and make my way to the pack of wolves.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There" I hear Klaus say as we enter the their camp. Me and Stefan walks towards them and I whistle loudly with my fingers to gather their attention, and Stefan drops Ray on the ground.

"Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?" A woman asks as she runs over to Rays dead-ish body.

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus" Klaus introduces himself as he joins us, and I take a seat on a fallen tree.

"You're the hybrid" The Woman says scared, and Klaus smiles mischievously.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic" Klaus says, and Stefan sighs as he sits down next to me "It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid" He rambles on, even though nobody cares, but there's a sudden change in audience when Ray wakes up looking very confused "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic" He comment's.

"What's happening to me?" Ray asks confused and worried at the same time.

"Stefan?" Klaus asks him, and he immediately stands up but with a little annoyance in his movements.

"Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die" Stefan explains to everyone.

"Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Klaus tells them, and I immediately smell human blood as I look at a man.

"You!" I say, and I vamp speed over to him and bite his forearm. I then give him to Stefan who throws him onto the ground in front of Ray, and the woman from earlier protest's but Klaus strangles her.

"If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop" Stefan tells Ray. You just took the words straight out of my mouth, Stefan.

"It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die" Klaus tells the woman he is strangling.

"I'd rather die than be a vampire" She spits at him.

"Wrong choice" Klaus tells her with a smirk, and bite's into his wrist and makes her drink his blood. I look over to Ray who is begining to drink the blood from the man.

"She'll thank me for that later. Heh" Klaus says before snapping the woman's neck and killing her "Okay, who's next?" Klaus asks as his eyes glow yellow and he shows his fangs, show off.