Chapter Fifteen

6/7/15

6/7/15

"CAN WE RUN by this small boutique before lunch?" Bailey asks as we head off in my car.

I nod. "Yeah, what are you getting?" I question knowing it obviously has something to do with the wedding.

"It's my garter!" she says excitingly.

My eyebrows pucker. "I thought you were wearing mom's garter?" I ask slowly. I have always wanted to wear my mother's garter at my wedding one day since I was young. It's lace and has pearls lining the edges. It's been passed down for years on my mother's side for decades, and it's the most beautiful piece of lace I've laid my eyes on.

"I am! I just had some work done on it," she tells me as she scrolls through her phone. I don't ask any more questions assuming she is having some pearls replaced and such.

I let Bailey direct me to the small boutique that specializes in veils and other wedding accessories. "I'll wait in the car for you," I say to Bailey as I park outside of the store.

She nods and hops out of the car, and starts off toward the entrance.

My phone buzzes and I grab it from my center console. I see I have a text from Max and can't help the smile that slides onto my face.

What are you up 2?

I quickly type a response. Hayley once told me I should wait a few minutes in between texts when responding to a guy so I would seem less eager. But I don't care if I come off eager. I like Max and need to start embracing my feelings for him.

Helping Bailey pick up some wedding stuff and then lunch with her. Wyd?

Texting the most beautiful girl I know that's what I'm doing ;)

Wow.... laying it on thick don't ya think?

It's all I know lol

A small giggle falls from my lips. I look up at the entrance of the store to see if Bailey is out yet, but she's not. I look down at my phone to see Max has texted me again.

So wedding stuff? My offer still stands by the way ;)

I roll my eyes at his text, though a huge grin stays on my lips. I'll keep that in mind :)

Are you busy next week? He texts back.

Nope! I respond way too quickly. I almost wince at how fast I texted back.

Well keep it that way I may have another surprise for you :)

My heart flutters, and my nerves of responding too fast vanish. I can't wait! I text back honestly.

The passenger car door opens and Bailey slides in. "Look, look!" Bailey exclaims as she shoves the small box into my hands.

"Okay!" I laugh at her enthusiasm.