Jojen Reed X Reader - Baby (Requested)

You struggled to get you your feet, chuckling when you ended up back in the position you had started in, on your back with your feet over the edge of the bed, only just touching the floor. Being pregnant had taken a lot out of you and had hindered your ability to do almost anything, this included standing up. You sighed in relief when you heard your chamber doors open and your husband's laugh echoed around the room.

"Can't get up again?" he asked as he walked around the bed, smiling down at you when he reached you, taking your hands in his and helping you to sit up before pulling you to your feet. "There we go," he added once he had you steady on your own, kissing your nose lightly as he laughed at your grumpy face.

"I feel so useless," you murmured as you waddled across the room away from him, picking up your knitting as you went. You had been working on a baby blanket for the last week, but you always grew bored after a little while, wishing you could be out riding with your husband rather than sat inside in the stuffy house.

"It'll all be over soon, Love, and then we will have a little angel to care for," he told you as he followed close behind you, watching carefully incase you were to stumble.

"I am fully capable of walking on my own, you know?" you muttered and he shrugged as you turned to face him.

"We can never be to careful. What if you did fall? I don't want you getting hurt," he smiled gently at you as he pulled you to him again, sending your knitting cascading to the floor.

You buried your face into his chest as you huffed loudly. "You're going to have to pick that up, I can't get that low," you moaned and he laughed as he kissed the top of your head lightly.

"Of course I will, My Love," he hummed lightly, smiling as he held you tighter against him, sighing contently as you purred slightly at the contact.

"Darling?" you murmured quietly into him and he hummed in response. "Are you going to release me?" you asked with a chuckle and he shook his head gently.

"Just a little longer," he groaned back, his hands stroking over your spine lightly as you sighed again.

"I'm uncomfortable, I need to move," you muttered to him and he huffed as he pulled away from you, allowing you to sit in your chair.

"In the next few days we'll have another little Reed in the house," he spoke aloud, disbelief clear in his voice as he crouched beside you, putting his hands on your protruding stomach and smiling.

"Do you think it'll be a girl or a boy?" you asked as you gestured towards the knitting, which was behind him, holding out your hand for him to pass it to you.

"I don't care as long as they are healthy," he smiled as he handed you the wool, watching as you began to work away at it with a small smile on your face.

*Time Skip*

You were struggling again to get to your feet for a few minutes, but this time Jojen was nowhere to be seen. As you twisted your body to get your arms underneath you, you felt a sharp pang across your stomach and gasped out in shock, allowing yourself to drop back onto the bed as you whimpered. You reached down to rub your belly and felt the material damp, your eyes shooting open in a panic.

"Jojen," you yelped, your eyes filling with tears as you realized something wasn't right. "Jojen," you cried again, louder than before sobbing as you heard his footsteps pounding towards your chambers.

"Can you not get up again?" Your husband teased as he entered the room. And then he saw you, your eyes filled with tears and your bedclothes damp, and his smirk fell from his lips.

"I think I'm having the baby," you sobbed as he rushed to your side. "You have to get the Maester," you added as he helped you back onto the bed, settling you in the centre. He gave you a final glance, eyes full of worry, before dashing from the room, yelling for the maester and your chambermaid. You let out a small chuckle at him before a sharp pain in your belly cut it off.

When he returned a few moments later, he had the Maester close behind him and both rushed to you. Jojen's hand found yours quickly, the other coming up to smooth over your hair.

"It would be better if you waited outside, My Lord," the Maester interrupted gesturing for your husband to leave your side as you cried out in protest, your hand gripping his tightly.

"Please don't leave me," you yelped, your eyes closed tightly as you tried to breathe through the sharp pains that shook you. As the Maester went to speak again, you opened your eyes to glare at him, and he remained silent. "He is staying by my side. Do you understand?" you hissed at him through your teeth, and he simply nodded before going about his work.

*Time Skip*

You had been in labour for the last 6 hours, trying your hardest not to scream out in pain as it hit you. But you were soon blessed with two babies.

"They're perfect," Jojen murmured as he cooed at the two babies in your arms, smiling brightly as he stood over you and you grinned up at him.

"They have your eyes," you started, pausing for a moment as you surveyed their faces. "And your nose," you added, causing him to chuckle.

"Poor things," he joked and you glared gently up at him.

"Don't say that. You're gorgeous, and they will be too," you told him, moving your hand to hold his. "What are we going to call them?" you asked as you tilted your head, looking down at their little faces.

"Howland," he answered warily and you nodded slightly, a smile creeping onto your face.

"And," you started, pausing for a second to think. "Lynarra," you finished and he grinned at you.

"I love it," he whispered to you, kissing you lightly on your forehead before settling beside you on the bed.

"I love you," you whispered back, turning your head to look at him as you enjoyed the first moments together as a family.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x