Ice Cube

After Jonathan's turn on the board, and he falls into the water, Patrick decides to go. He steadies himself on the board while Jonathan tries to get his grip on the side of the boat to climb back on. Kayla, Chaunette, Ksenia, Jane, and I all stand at the back of the boat watching Patrick get situated on the board.

"CJ, watch o-", Patrick yells at me, then points behind me.

I turn just in time for Jonathan to bend down and wrap his freezing cold arms around my waist. I should have kept my coat on. I squeal as my feet leave the boat deck. I tussle in his grip, but he's too strong, and too freezing.

"Jonathan, I swear to god, put me down right now. You're fr-freezing", I shout at him, half angry, half laughing. More angry though.

"I suggest you stop squirming before I throw you into the water. You're going in either way".

He walks over to the side of the boat. Jonathan positions his hands under my arms, as if holding me out like a baby. I try to reach for his shoulders, but they're just slightly out of reach. "Ready?"

"NO!" I shout as Jonathan throws me over the side of the boat. I scream as my back hits the extremely cold water.

Why am I the only one ever getting thrown into water?

I pop out of the water to see Jonathan leaning over the side of the boat to look at me, along with everybody else. Patrick stares at me from the back of the boat.

I swim to the side of the boat with a glare on my face. I'm not happy. "Help me out. Right. Now", I sneer at anyone who actually wants to listen to me. "I swear to god. You people need to grow up. Jesus. You're grown men".

Jonathan's hand reaches out first. I grab it and use the ridge on the side of the boat for footing. I pull myself onto the boat and grab the railing to balance myself. Everyone is no longer laughing, and all look at me with shocked looks.

I look at Jonathan. "Grow up".

I trudge over to the bench and grab my towel. I wipe off my arms and legs. The other eight go back to watching Patrick on the back of the boat. Andrew starts the boat at a slow speed, then it picks up. I dry my hair and wrap it in the towel, while I wrap my coat around my body. I sit there, still freezing cold, and angry as hell. What a great mini vacation.

I stare down at my lap, trying to think myself out of being cold, when two hands rest on my knees. I look up slightly to see it's Jonathan. "What?" I ask with anger laced in my voice.

"Look at me", Jonathan whispers as he bends down in front of me.

"No".

"Now who needs to grow up", Jonathan jokes. A small smile spreads on my face. "I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have done that. It's cold, I should know. I mean, Patrick has dumped you in literal ice water before. I thought you could take. It was just a joke. Forgive me?"

"Fine", I mumble. "But, I'm still cold. You're used to this cold of water. You grew up in Canada, I didn't".

I see Kayla out of the corner of my eye. I look at her as she speaks before Jonathan can. "Then where the hell did we meet?" She asks sarcastically. Everyone laughs.

Jonathan wraps his arm around my waist. "Do you forgive me?"

"Yes, I do. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm freezing cold. You have all that to keep you warm", I laugh, motioning to his torso. "I don't".

Jonathan looks down at his stomach to where I had motioned to. "Are you calling me fat? You have some high body standards for men", he laughs.

"Are you going to be miserable the rest of the day? I'll bring you back to shore if you really want?" Andrew asks me. I think for a moment, tracing my finger over my chin. "I'm taking you back. I know you. You don't want to say it".

Artem helps Patrick back into the boat, Patrick picks up the board, and Andrew starts back towards the shore. It takes a few minutes, and Jonathan keeps me in his arms the entire time. I don't understand how he's not cold. He was cold when he threw me in, how was he not cold a minute later. He's warm, and it feels good.

Andrew pulls up to the dock, and Jonathan hops off the boat, then helps me down. "You don't have to stay with me, Jonathan. Go have fun. I'll watch from here on the beach when I'm warmed up. Go".

"No", Jonathan says. "This is my fault". He leans over where his lips warm my ear. "Plus, you're my girl, remember?" He sends a chill down my spine.

"You coming back, Johnny?" Artem asks.

"No, no. I think I'll stay here with CJ. I'm good", Jonathan answers.

"Suit yourself", Andrew says over his shoulder as he starts the boat up again. "Bye, Serious".

Jonathan and I are left on the dock, staring out at Lake Michigan.  "Come on. Let's get you warmed up"

We slowly walk off the dock, through the backyard, and into the log mansion. Together, Jonathan and I climb the stairs to the second floor and into our room. "You should take a hot shower to warm up. I'll go make tea for when you're out".

"Okay", I say quietly as Jonathan grabs a pair of jeans and a t-shirt from the closet, then shuts the door on his way out of the room.

No body will ever compare to Jonathan. I couldn't ask for a better guy. I just wish I didn't have to keep him a secret. I want to tell the world I'm in love with him.