~Chapter 31~

*Edited*

>Enjoy!😊
________________________

C.J

"What are you doing here?" Now I'm in a mood.

"I just wanted to know how you're feeling? No hard feelings." Standing at the end of my bed.

"I'm alive as you can see, now go." I pointed to the door, but she wouldn't move.

"I know that I'm appearing to want you, but I did until I saw her. Your girl. I-"

"Saying that you're sorry now." I had to cut her off. I just want to rest.

"Yeah, I was going to say that at the end of my speech. But I'm truly sorry and it's not professional. I thought you were single. I'm sorry." Ellie said.

"Well, you know that I'm not. You may go now." I just wanted her to leave so I could relax.

Then she walks to my side.

"Let's start over. Friends." Holding her hand out.

Well, at least she was honest about what she said. Maybe I should give her a chance.

"Friends. I'm Corey Williamson." Shaking her hand.

"I'm Ellie Matthews." I let go of her hand.

"Well, I'll let you get some rest. I'll see you when you come back to work."

"Okay, we'll have a good night." She waved, and I waved back.

"Good night." She closed the door behind her.

Throughout the night, I texted Tasha. I miss her and sleeping beside her. I can't wait to go home and be in my bed. Well, hopefully, tomorrow I get discharge.

I didn't have a good sleep. These hospital beds suck. And there are not comfortable at all. Even the pillows, too.

I let my heavy eyes drop. Slept for a couple for half the night. I heard footsteps coming into the room. Then, the smell of coffee made my eyes open.

"Good morning my love." Passing me my coffee.

"Morning Tasha. How did you sleep?" She looked tired. Maybe the baby kept kicking all night.

"Good, just an aching back and this right woke me up." She was pointing at her bump. It getting bigger each day. I can't wait to hold my baby in my arms. Rubbing her nice hard bump.

"I can't wait to go home."

"I know. I had a hard time sleeping without last night." Giving me a gentle hug. Kissing my lips.

We talk and watch tv on a tiny screen. My parents won't be visiting until later on. Holding each other's hands.

Before noon. The doctor came in. Check my chest. He said it was good. Ask me about my chest pain. I told him I have brief chest pain. They took me off the oxygen to see how well I breathe without it. So far, I'm doing good.

Tasha left to go meet Boonie for lunch. She needs time away from the hospital. Not to be stressing.

After eating hospital food, I almost lost my appetite. I can't wait for some homemade food.

My chief came walked into the room with a coffee in one hand and the other with a brown bag.

"Good afternoon, Corey. My wife made you homemade meatloaf." He passed me the bag and the coffee.

"Tell her I said thanks." He was sitting next to me.

"I will. So, are you going to take time off to heal?" Taking a sip of fresh coffee.