Nineteen.

~Ship name in this was thought up by the wonderful HelpChangeTheWorld !!!~

The sky was still trained green, crying heavy tears and raining down on everybody's mood in the city and especially in the Avengers Mansion.

Madeleine Jackson sat on the couch in the living room, eyes dull and void and her arms shaking as she stared of into the distance. The blood still stained her face but she made no move to clean it of as Chess' body began to disappear in a blur of blue dust. She bit back the whimper and held a strong front as the dust formed into an image of the cats eyes and widely known grin.

"You can do this Madeline, you know you can. Let me go, I'll be with Alice" he hummed, before the dust disappeared and nothing remained of the Underland creature.

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

The words were faint but they were Chess', a small smile filled the Mad Hatters face and a tear rolled down her face as she finally let him go.

Sam entered the living room finally, a wet cloth in his hand that he brought up to Madeleine's face as he took a seat by her. He cleaned the blood away with soft hand and Madeleine couldn't help but close her eyes at the comforting gesture. Just as he moved his hand away, she shot her arm out and lightly gripped his wrist.

She opened her eyes, soft green staring into chocolate brown that held such unspoken emotions it was suffocating them both. Madeline slowly leaned into him, and he slowly leaned into her. Her eyes shifting closed as their lips connected.

The kiss was one of that seemed to speak a thousand words, Hatter laced her arms around the back of his neck and Sam wrapped his arms around her waist. When they pulled back for air, she rested her forehead against his, a small, soft smile resting on her face as she spoke.

"How in the world could you love a freak like me?"

"Freak? I prefer to call you crazily unique" he smirked and she responded the gesture before going in for a second kiss.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" She laughed against his lips.

"Yeah" he breathed.

"Yeah, but your my idiot" she clarified with a wink before pulling apart from him and hopping off the couch to get a drink.

That was when Tony, Clint, Scott, Bucky, Steve and Natasha came tumbling into the room.

"Yeah Sam! Get some!" Clint whistled, to which said man flipped him off and rolled his eyes.

"Madam has sailed!" Tony and Natasha grinned, flopping onto the seat by Sam.

"Wow, the idiot actually knows how to land a girl" Bucky chuckled only for Steve to hit him upside the head.

"Tony tell him to behave!" The blonde super soldier ordered the billionaire but said man just shrugged.

"He doesn't listen to me either" he shrugged and Steve just huffed in response.

"Bucky...behave!" Natasha scolded and he steeled himself and saluted her before sending her a lazy grin.

Madeline finally came bounding back into the living room, drink in hand as she seated herself in Sam's lap without a care in the world.

"Hey guys!" She greeted, taking a sip from her bottled water before leaning over and placing it on the coffee table.

"Mads, I have a plan" Clint whispered and she saw Scott smirk, guessing he already knew this 'plan'.

"What's the plan?" She questions quietly with a grin.

"To get Bucky and Natasha together as well as Steve and Tony"

"Oh my god, Stony and WinterWidow" she whispered in shock before nearly falling of Sam's lap when she had a huge outburst.
"I ship it!"

He caught her in the nick of time, his arms wrapping around her waist and pulling her back to his chest as he let out a relieved sigh. A bubble of laughter left her mouth and she rocked back and forth on his lap before surprising him by pecking a quick kiss on his lips before darting up and running back to the kitchen.

"Now what!?" Sam called.

"I forgot, I bought Mangoes for Wanda!" She called back and Wanda walked in exactly at that time.

"Mangoes?" She questioned in a hopeful tone and when Madeline nodded, a squeal left the witches lips and she darted the to kitchen to seize the exotic fruit and make a smoothie.

"I detected a high frequency shriek that sounded a lot like Wanda, is everything okay?" Vision questioned, fazing through the wall of the kitchen to find Wanda happily blending the mangoes into smoothie.

Madeline definitely caught the longing look the android sported as he watched the Russian grin and pour her drink into a glass.

"I ship that too!" Hatter called to Clint and Scott and the two chuckled as she came walking into living room.

Just as she was about to take a seat back on Sam's lap though, a flash of light spread through the windows and the door to the mansion opened.

"How is that possible, only members of the team have access to the mansion and can enter because of facial detection" T'challa hummed, racing into the living room with Rhodes and Parker behind him.

"That could only mean one thing..." Steve started in shock.

"You don't think?" Tony questioned equally as shocked.

Two figures then stepped into the room, two figures that many of them knew well.

"Thor! Bruce!"