Year 4 | The Potters and the Dark Lord

HARRY AND LILY Potter had undeniably, irrevocably decided that they would never have a normal, mellow year at Hogwarts school for as long as they attended

      HARRY AND LILY Potter had undeniably, irrevocably decided that they would never have a normal, mellow year at Hogwarts school for as long as they attended. They had more or less decided such years ago, but as they stood in the middle of the arena awaiting their final task in the Triwizard tournament, loud music and competitive cheers reminded them of how deep into their hole of disaster they were. And it was too late to climb out of it.

     Harry and Lily's friends all found their seats in the second row, which included the Weasleys, Hermione, Seamus, Dean and Sloane Riley. Seamus and Dean, showing the most spirit of the lot, had the word 'POTTERS' painted on their foreheads. Hermione and Ron shifted nervously in their seats, awaiting for the introduction. As the Headmasters talked amongst themselves, the twins looked at each other and smiled reassuringly. They wore their Gryffindor house shirts, sporting red and gold, along with black. A little ways away, Cedric also wore his Hufflepuff house shirt, sporting yellow and black. He had wished them luck before they emerged into the arena.

     "Are you alright?" queried Lily.

     "Yeah." He let out a breath, "I'll be fine as long as we stick together."

     She nodded and as she opened her mouth to speak, a hand landed on her arm and she turned around to see Fred and George.

     "Hey." She greeted.

      "Hey." They greeted.

     "We just wanted to wish you luck." said George, "Please don't get yourself killed out their, either of you. We need our Lily, or else we won't be the Weasley Three anymore."

      "Weasley Three?"

     "Yeah." nodded George, bewildered that she had questioned the name, "You're family. You've always been family, the both of you."

     "I feel so loved." smiled Lily. They didn't know how much that meant to her or Harry, who also smiled sheepishly.

     "Besides," George leaned in to whisper in their ears, "I'm sure you two will be officially in our family soon enough."

     "George!" hissed Fred, who stood embarrassedly.

     "Good luuccck!" sang George, who kept up the steps to his seat, dodging Fred's swipe at him.

     Fred turned back to her and rubbed the back of his neck. Lily chuckled, "Weasley Three, huh?"

     "Yeah." He chuckled. "It's not as cool as the Marauders, but--"

      "--But it has meaning and that's even better." She cut him off, "Besides, if I make it out of this in one piece, the Weasley Three will become legends before we all graduate."

     "Damn right." He chuckled and then became serious, "Be careful, Lily."

     She nodded and hugged him. Just as they seemed to lean in, Dumbledore spoke up, increasing the volume of his voice. The two of them sighed.