Hot chocolate

Spencer's pov.

I froze. I didn't know what to feel much less on what to do. I already lost one brother to rogues and I nearly destroyed me. How am I supposed to live if Johnny dies? My parents will never forgive me. My parents blamed me for his death. Tears began trickling out of my eyes. I felt someone's arms wrap themselves around my waist supporting me. I blinked back the tears and saw I was being held to Zach's chest. I didn't have the energy inside me to fight him off. I was so mad but I needed comfort.

"Your pack needs you" Nate shouted as he came jogging over to us.

"I'm a little busy right now!" Zach spat, wrapping his arms tighter around my tiny shaking body.

"Well there's an attack and your pack is dying, I can look after her," he said opening his arms for me.

"No, you can't Nate!" I retaliated, "All you do is cause me pain."

"Spencer please come with me, I will keep you safe. I am your mate after all!" Nate said grabbing my arm.

"Nate! I reject you as a mate!"

.............

It's been 2 days since I got the news from the hospital that Johnny had passed away. I guess I blame myself for most of it. If Nate hadn't been busy trying to stop me then he could have saved Johnny. I haven't left my room since then. I was kinda lucky I had an en-suite. My thoughts were interrupted by a soft knocking at my door.

"Please open the door, Spencer" I heard through the door. I knew exactly who it was. I could feel the sparks a mile away. I really didn't want to speak to anyone let alone him. So I ignored him.

"Please, Baby, open up," he whispered again. After 20 minutes of knocking and pleading for me to open the door. I wiped my eyes from all the tears and got up to the door.

I raised my hand to the doorknob, but something kept telling me not to open it, where my wolf was screaming for me too. I flipped the lock and walked back over to my bed. I knew he knew that I unlocked the door because a ray of light came rushing in from the hallway and spread over my bed. I was curled up in Johnny's jumper with tears running down my face. I felt the bed sink from his weight and I couldn't even bare myself to look up. He tried talking to me a few times but I didn't want to talk. I just laid there, him rubbing his hands in circles on my back. I don't know why but even though I hate him for what happened in the last few days, deep down I knew I loved him. I always have and I always will.

I didn't know how long we stayed like that last night because when I woke up the next day I was pinned to his chest by his arms and I was snuggling closer to him. All my stirring must have woke him up.

"Morning," he said kissing the back of my head. I didn't say anything I just got out of his grasp and walked over to the bathroom.

Without another word, I got into the shower. After 30 minutes I got out. I decided today that I would go see Johnny's and Lance's graves. As I walked out of the bathroom Zach was still sitting on my bed but in different clothes. He must have got changed whilst I was in the shower. I walked over to my closet and got out a pair of black skinnies, a tank top and a hoodie that used to be Lance's but got given to Johnny as it got too small for him. I picked up a pair of black converse and looked over to Nate. He gave me the look which clearly stated he wasn't going anywhere so I walked into the bathroom and changed and racking a brush through my hair. My natural waves bouncing my face.

"I'm going so can you get out of my room please," I asked Zach as I grabbed my bag and put my keys, phone and purse into.

"Where?" he asked at my side immediately.

"For a drive," I replied, he didn't need to know where I was going.

I don't know why but I don't feel like a whole anymore. It feels like there's a huge hole right through my chest and I cannot fill it. I feel emotionless. It hurts so badly and I need help. I need someone to take the pain away. As I pulled into Clackton cemetery I cut the engine to my car and wiped a few down from my face. As I got out of my car and began taking off in the direction of the cemetery gates, a wave of emotion flooded over me. Both of my brothers are gone because of rogues. Because of me. I began running over to them. Gravel and loose stones crackling underneath my converse.

Johnny's grave was covered in fresh flowers and empty candles whilst Lance's was covered in dead leaves twigs and dirt. I fell to my knees and began brushing away the leaves. Why does my family always die because of me? My parents haven't spoken to me for days. Why do they hate me so much? He left me here and took them. They shouldn't have gone, it's wasn't their fault.

"You really have a soft spot for cemetery's, don't you?" a voice broke me out of my thoughts.

I swiveled around and saw a tall, lean figure walking towards me. Zach.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, slowly standing up.

"I came here to see if you're alright." he said stepping closer to me.

"Why? You have no reason to, I'm not your problem or business." I said pushing past him and walking over to the bench behind us both.

"You see, that's where you're wrong, you're now my new mate, so that means whatever you do is my business. And you could never be a problem," he said before walking over to me and kneeling in front of me resting his hands on my knees.

"Look, I know you think It's my fault that caused the death of your brother but please try to understand that I was trying to protect you." He said. Pleading.

"But I don't trust you," I said. Hurt spreading across his face.

"What can I do to change that?" he said putting his hands on either side of my face.

Pushing them away I stood up "Nothing." I said

"I love you," he replied.

"....." I didn't have any words. I began walking away.

"Wait!" he shouted as I got further and further away.

I froze. Should I really say what he wanted me to say?

"I love you,"  I whispered under my breath.

I could hear footsteps coming faster and closer to me. I tried to turn around but Zach already had me in his grasp, holding me up in the air, swinging me back and forth. "How about we go get some hot chocolate?"

"How did you know that that was my favorite?" I replied shocked.

"I'm your mate. I'm meant to know these things." Zach smiled at me before kissing me passionately. 

We both know "I love you" are simply just words Spencer.