Chapter 31

Not a lot of Chelsea and Logan action in this one but I hope you all like it anyway :) Enjoy! -Roxy

Chapter 31

“So, how’ve you been? I haven’t been able to talk to you lately.” Dylan asked as he released me; keeping a hand on my back as he led me to the couch. Thanks to Logan’s words from earlier, even something like that felt uncomfortable. Damn it, Logan. I thought as I tried to step away from Dylan’s hand as subtly as I could.

“I’ve been pretty good. My bond is beginning to strengthen with Blood Moon so I’m guessing that’s probably why we haven’t been able to talk.” I replied as we all settled into our seats in the living room; Dylan and I on the couch while Jake placed himself in the armchair across from us.

“Has Logan been treating you okay since I last visited?” My brother asked; worry clear in his expression.

“No, I’ve been chained to a wall all this time. I was only able to visit today ‘cause I managed to escape and seduce a guy into sending me here.” I said sarcastically; my brother flashing me the finger in response.

"That's probably the truth considering who your mate is." My brother snapped snidely. I lifted both of my middle fingers at his hateful words as I mouthed 'fuck off'.

He rolled his eyes at me. “Anyway, enough about me; what’s been going on here?” I turned to grab Dylan’s knee. “Have you found a mate yet?” I teased; trying to force myself to sink back into the comfort I felt around him. “It’s about time isn’t it?”

My brother chuckled behind me. “He wishes.”

“Yeah, look who’s talking?” His Beta shot back; throwing a nearby cushion at Jake’s blonde head. “Mr. Lone Wolf.” He insulted; flashing his Alpha a satisfied smirk.

“Can’t hurt me with that.” He remarked in return; his eyes currently glued to his phone. “Like I told Chelsea here,” he started; using his phone to gesture to me, “she’ll come in good time.”

“That he did.” I agreed; nodding my head.

“Sure, gang up on me now.” Dylan muttered; his face filled with exaggerated sadness as he turned to look at me. He wiped fake tears away as he sniffled. “I always thought you were on my side Chels! How wrong, I was!” He exclaimed.

I laughed as he continued to act like a whiny little girl; my brother paying no mind to the show as he continued to fix all of his attention on his phone. When he finally looked up, his eyes went wide as he took in the sight of Dylan fake crying into my shoulder. “What the hell?” He mumbled.

“You should really care more about your best friend. His heart just got broken because I chose your side over his and you didn’t even notice.” I grumbled in mock disappointment; shaking my head at his ‘unacceptable’ behaviour as I continued to rub his Beta’s head soothingly. I was actually taking the chance to mess his hair up; but I wasn’t about to tell him that.

“Oh, for the love of all that is good.” My brother said as he rolled his eyes; throwing his hands up in exasperation. “Hey Dylan. Dylan buddy.” He cooed; his voice sounding nicer than usual.

His friend looked up. “Yes?” He asked expectedly; sniffling again.

Jake took a magazine lying on the coffee table in front of us and swatted his Beta on the head. “Stop being such a pussy and suck it up already. She chose me over you because she likes me better, so get over it!” He snapped smugly.

Dylan gave me a look. “You took his side over mine?”

I shrugged. “Eh, he’s my brother. I’m obliged to.”