Chapter 11: Lilian

As I was close to the Nightshade territory I was practically tackled by something. By the feel of it, it was a wolf. I looked over my shoulder to see that it was sitting on me. Whoever it was, was a dark grey with a hint of black. It looked down at me and wined then began to pant. I found myself slowly beginning to panic and squished. Why was sitting on me I had no Idea and I didn't want to find out and no matter how much I tried I couldn't get him off me. It wasn't long before a similar white wolf came up running and the wolf that was sitting on moved. I didn't move I just waited to be eaten. There was two of them and one of me the odds weren't in my favor not to mention the white one in front of me I then recognized as Octavius.

I stood up dusting off my jeans.

''I'm sorry'' I spoke to him. When I did he lowered his head and let out a whine and stood stiff. I cautiously walked up to him. Not knowing what I'm doing but all I did was rub him behind the ear.

'' I wasn't going to come back but your mom gave a good speech'' he looked at me then to the other wolf. I didn't know if they were saying anything or not but soon enough the other wolf took off running toward the house.

He nudged my leg and then turned to walk toward the house as I walked beside him. I didn't know what else to say. But I think I was ready try. I did say try.

I didn't say anything as we came back to the pack house. Not even Octavius glanced my way. By now it was getting dark. As we arrived Sage and Daniel came running out along with Evelynn and Michael with a couple more people I have yet to meet. Which made me uneasy.

''I thought you would be back, but I had to tell him I kept it for a hour or two and I couldn't do it'' Evelynn spoke as she walked up to us but earned a growl from Octavius. She didn't come any further he only nudged me into the house then shifted. He didn't bother to get cloths and in a way I didn't mind.

''What the HELL! Were you thinking Lilian?'' He yelled. I could feel the anger coming off of him. His eyes were a blue instead of the brown. This wasn't Octavius standing in front of me instead it was his wolf.

'I-I I'm-''

''Do you know how worried we've been we come out of the office call to find our mate gone! Hours later'' The anger was still on him and his wolf still had the control and that was definitely concerning me.

''What if something would have happened to you? What if we wouldn't have found you?'' he began to pace the floor. It took all of me to stay focused. This damn Mate bond!!

''I came back'' I stated

''Yeah that makes everything ok doesn't it! Lilian-''

''I came back and I'm in one piece dammit. I've survived this long without being cared about so I don't want anyone to start now!'' What is wrong with me? I never talked back but now that I am it feels great but he looks even unhappy than he was before a mix between shock and sadness but it quickly faded to anger.

''Well get out of the habit'' his eyes were back to brown now. Half the house the house was quiet everyone was now in the room. All their eyes were on me and I didn't like it not with the looks they were giving me. Reminding me of all the looks I got at my pack. My pack. I leaned against the nearest thing I could find and managed the oncoming panic attack.

''Lilian?'' Evelynn came forth

''I'm fine ju-just need a minute'' I took a breath and went to the couch.

''Here...'' Octavius handed me a water then sat beside me. I only scooted a centimeter away. Truth is after that outburst I wanted him near.

'' Why did you leave?'' Daniel asked from the door way. Everyone around the room was asking the same thing. I couldn't hear it but I could see it.

''I have a past, a bad one. one that left scars leaving me broken that glue can't hold you started talking about the 'Luna' I can barely handle with this many people'' I gestured around the room.

''Yet alone the whole pack, that's why I came back though. Someone made a good point and maybe if you can't fix me you can help me'' I looked from Evelynn to Octavius who was looking at me intently positive. He gave me a smile in which I returned.

Maybe this was a step. It doesn't mean I can tell them what I am because I know werewolves frown upon the mixing between species and some isn't taken lightly. Like Xzavier he wishes me dead and plans on killing me slowly. That was the reason for all the punishments and painful beating hoping I would die from the pain. That's why I can't tell them not until I'm certain they won't hurt me.

I looked back at Octavius and maybe he wouldn't be the one to hurt or let anyone hurt me like my old pack but the Moon goddess makes mistakes giving a female werewolf a Mate who only mistreats her. It only takes the rejection of one of the mates to sever the bond that's something I couldn't do because it would be painful for the other wolf. And I've felt pain, pain that would probably equal to rejection of the Mate bond.

''Where you going?'' they all asked in unison.

'' To bed'' I gave a smile then made my way up stairs followed with 'oh ok goodnight' and 'goodnight' in unison.