TWO

Dear diary,

            It has been seven years since I moved here. It also means that it has been seven years since I last saw my kingdom; my castle room; my parents.

            Life in America was pretty simple. There weren’t as many rules to abide by, and formalities aren’t a must. I must say I have gotten pretty laid back myself ever since I got here.

            High school started about three summers ago. I remember meeting the gang on the first day. There was Jake, who helped me carry my books to class. He was always the easy-going guy and I have always liked that about him. There was also the twins; Chad and Chace. It took me a while to get who was who, but now their names came naturally to me.

            Chad was the fun guy who seemed to have all the energy in the world. He had such a casual style. Chad was the type who can wear a white shirt with jeans all week and still look cute. There was just something about him that makes everyone around him smile. What a cheeky person he was.

            Chace, on the other hand, was more reserved and observant. He chooses whom he wanted to be acquainted with, although he still hangs around the people his brother hangs out with. Chad and Chace are inseparable; whenever there was one twin, the other was there. Chace was also the smarter dressed one. His sense of style ranges from smart casual to formal all day everyday. I have never seen him in a hoodie.

            Then comes Liam. Oh Liam. I wouldn’t deny that when I first met him, I had a really strong attraction towards the guy. He had a different aura when compared to the others. Apart from the fact that he was British, he held himself differently. He knows he’s good. He knows he’s superior. He knows a lot of people liked him. And yet, he strayed away from them. It was obvious he didn’t like the limelight. He may be quite arrogant, but he wasn’t a douche. He would actually stick up for his friends- even myself, if needed. He was different. And I wouldn’t deny that the attraction hadn’t actually faded away, much to my disappointment because he can be the biggest airhead known to Man.

            Of course there was also Holly; my cousin; my best friend. I don’t know what I’d do without her. She has given me the fullest support since that first time we met. She was no longer the slurry mouth girl back from the airport seven years ago. Nope. She’s head cheerleader – probably my bodyguard from all the other cheerleaders who loathes the sight of me – and also the co-editor of the school paper. She is the total opposite of me. She goes no day in the week without nail polish, and she literally breathes dresses.

            Unlike me of course, I’m a self-proclaimed tomboy. I only managed to secure myself a position in the Student Council as the Vice-president and also captain of the rock-climbing girls’ team. I wasn’t a beauty like Holly though. I had short hair and I never wore a dress, not even heels. I prefer wearing jeans and comfortable tops, though the plaited skirt is an exception since it’s part of the school uniform.

            Rosewood Academy was a very nice environment. The one thing that I love about it most was the fact that we all had to wear uniforms, unlike other public schools. Our uniforms weren’t all the same either. Us students had the freedom to choose what to wear, as long as our clothes had the school crest on them. All around school, one can tell that the jocks were the ones wearing varsity jackets, and the nerds were the ones wearing vests or even sweaters. It was as if all of us are given the chance to express our different sense of style while wearing the same type of clothes – if you get where I’m coming from.

            It’s been quite hectic. When my birthday past a few weeks ago, I have officially begun my online duties and discussions for Andorra. It was tough, and I am still struggling to cope.