FIVE

Dear diary,

            It’s been two weeks since Liam found out about me. As much as I want to say that he has changed into a more understanding person, I can’t. Because he is the same ol’ airhead Liam that everyone knows of. Though there comes some times when he’d show a little bit more concern than usual; he is keeping my secret a secret.

            Within the two weeks, things have gotten better. I got used to the plenty load of work I have, and what’s better was that one part of my work would be finished by the end of next week.

            I guess I was lucky to not have so much work for the Fall Dance since I wasn’t in it alone.  I had a team, wonderfully led by Liam – as much as I do not want to admit it. He sure was a good leader. I admire that aspect of him. But heck no am I ever admitting that aloud.

            “You don’t have to.”

             I whipped my head around, to meet the very person I was writing about. Liam’s face was right next to mine, and I saw a clear view of his amazing green eyes. Our sudden proximity surprised me and I shifted so far back in my seat that I fell. Liam merely looked at me in amusement, as he made no attempt at all to help me up. What a gentleman he was.

            I supported my weight onto my left arm, only to wince in pain for a second before quickly standing up. Hopefully, Liam didn’t catch that.

            “What are you doing here? I thought the meeting was over?” I asked Liam, who was currently flipping through my diary.

            In all honestly, it wasn’t exactly a diary. It wasn’t a book that was filled with my secrets or interests, just only my thoughts. I sound pretty messed up when I say: I don’t even trust a book with my secrets. But you wouldn’t blame me. Imagine if I did write everything down, Liam would have known a hell lot of what’s going through my head. I snatched the book away from him and hid it in my bag, annoyed at his presence.

            “I forgot to take some paperwork back,” Liam stated while looking at me with that signature smirk of his.

            I nodded. Well isn’t this awkward. I grabbed my bag to make a move but Liam intercepted me. He was only a few inches away from me, and I didn’t quite like our closeness at all.  He cocked his head to the side, looking at what I was wearing.

            I looked down. There was nothing wrong in what I was wearing. I was wearing a blazer above the elbow-length shirt, and my skirt ended above my knees. Nothing unusual, right? So why was he staring at me like that?

            “I just realized. You weren’t wearing a blazer during school today, did you?”

            I was confused. He noticed that? “Uh, yeah. It got colder so Chace lent me his blazer.”

            “Ah, so that’s why Chace didn’t have his blazer on.” Liam pretended to nod in comprehension. “Anyway, thought I should tell you I heard about your brave stunt in the multi-purpose hall just now. Did you get hurt?”

            I gulped. Why did he even have to ask the question? Of course he’d knew I got injured.

            Just a few hours ago, I had been going round to the multi-purpose hall to check on the decorations for the upcoming Fall Dance. What I found to see was two helper students throwing the streamers at each other. It was silly at first until I realized they were both sitting on ladders, and one of the guys’ tilted too far back. I had dashed towards him and caught him right as he landed the floor. As for the ladder, I had prevented it from hitting the both of us with my left arm. Needless to say, my whole left arm was presently purple as it continued to bruise.