EIGHT

"Amanda," he called for me again, "look at me." He sure did love doing that. As expected, he lifted my head by tilting my chin up with her finger. "Well, don't you look red?" He smirked.

            I scowled at him. We were in the middle of the first dance, and obviously I might have either overdressed, or underdressed. Every single one of the girls was so gorgeous in their dresses and there I was looking like a slut.

            I blushed like a maniac I was when I felt all eyes were on me. Of course they all were, I was wearing a freakin' skimpy dress. I decided I should just focus on Liam's bow. If it wasn't enough to have everyone staring at me, I was dancing with Liam. Li- freakin'- am.

            "You look amazing. And this is a dance, Amanda. Not some ball you'd expect in the castle." He commented. I purposely stepped on his foot, smiling not so innocently and trying to hint to him not to mention anything at all about me being a princess.

            The music stopped and everyone clapped and cheered. I took a step back and bowed a little in habit. Liam just smirked and lifted an eyebrow towards me. He then led me back to the table where our friends were sitting. I must say, they all looked like models and I felt like an idiot to be hanging out with them.

            Chace was in tight white suit with tie and he didn't seem to come with a date. He looked so relaxed whilst talking to his twin brother. Jake was there too. He was wearing a deep blue suit, matched with a maroon tie. He came without a date either, saying that he wanted to dance with all the girls. What a player.

            "You look great, Mandy," said player complimented me. I blushed, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear.

            "Thanks, I guess?" I sat down next to Jake as the next song plays. Holly and Chad went onto the dance floor, leaving me with Liam, Jake and Chace.

            "Must be a heck of preparations, huh?" Jake started.

            I nodded, pursing my lips as I recalled the amount of proposals we had to settle. "It took a whole two months to get everything so perfect."

            "Well, not as perfect as you think. You guys forgot strawberries for the chocolate fountain!" Chace complained, folding his arms. The two other boys laughed along with me at the sight of him.

            "But we do have strawberries." I reassured him.

            "Not there the last time I checked," Chace argued. I smiled. He was acting like such a child.

            "It's there. Maybe they haven't refilled the container yet. Why don't you check it now?" I suggested, slightly chuckling at the sulking Chace.

            The song 'Almost Is Never Enough' came on, and I saw Jake's eyes lit up. He stood up and held out a hand for me. "Can I have this dance, Mandy?"

            I smiled, grabbing his hand and got him to lead me to the floor. Glancing back, I saw Liam narrowing his eyes at Jake, but quickly smiled when he saw me looking. I frowned. That was strange...

            Jake placed both his hands on my hips, and I automatically placed mine around his neck. We weren't really dancing, just sashaying from side to side.

            Jake was good-looking, I will never deny that. He had straight brown hair and the most amazing hazelnut eyes I've ever seen. He wasn't as tall as Liam, though still taller than I was. In comparison to Liam, I'd say Jake has a smaller build though both beaus were still perfectly masculine. Jake had a softer smile too, and his eyes are always lit with excitement – something that I have always liked about him. He was cheerful, unlike Liam who could be such the aloof guy he was.