33

[harry’s pov]

I watched her carefully as she shook hands with Louis. I wasn’t sure what exactly the feeling roaming inside of me was, but I couldn’t help wanting to reach out and pull her back. Hold her hand, hold her closely. Keep her.

I was indeed crazy.

“So you’re going into town as well or?” Louis asked with his blue-green innocent eyes looking at her - we had talked about going to a club after this. But right now I was in doubt. Honestly I couldn’t care less about that stupid club with Amber being here. Hell I wouldn’t even care where we went as long as she came along. Would she want to? I watched her with anticipation, watched how her full pink lips parted and turned into that smile of hers.

“Well I’m ve-” She started till another voice interrupted her.

“Holy shit! Little Nothings! You guys rock!”

My gaze flew up to meet a young guy - probably the same age as me, with a coat in one hand, a dropped jaw and wide impressed blue eyes, which watched the three of us.

I recognized the dyed blonde hair and remembered again, that Amber had come here with somebody else. So much for the hope of being able to keep her close.

“Hi Niall - that took a long time!” Amber giggled at him, as he smiled apologetically. He could make her giggle. My jaw tightened.

“Yeah the line was so freaking long! So you found the band after all?” He smiled widely at us. Yet his smiling eyes seemed to rest on me for just a little longer than the others, as if he knew something I didn’t. As if that last sentence was directed at me. Had Amber been looking for us? For the band? Or for me? My eyes quickly shifted to Amber, who seemed caught aback by the comment.

“Ehm well they found me actually,” she grinned, as the slightest color entered the fair skin covering her cheekbones. Her eyes shifted a little more nervously around - to the pavement, to Niall, to Louis and finally she dared looking up at me.

“Well I’m sure glad to hear that!” Niall’s voice rumbled through the night blending in with the noise from the lively bar. Music had started to play again.

I couldn’t help feeling annoyed with his stupid baby blue eyes and that messy hair. Why would he dye his hair blonde anyway? Amber released her arms from the position she had held them in and reached out for the jacket, that the guy - Niall - was holding. She was cold. How could he not hand her the damn jacket first thing coming out here? Didn’t he realize it was probably minus degrees out here? With each glance I disliked him more and more, as he made that ‘oh’ expression and was determined to awkwardly help Amber into her coat.

Louis was checking his phone, “so you guys wanna come? A friend of mine just texted me which club got it going tonight.”

As Niall exclaimed an annoyingly enthusiastic ‘I’m up for it!’ all I did was watch Amber. She absentmindedly removed a loose strand of the wild chestnut brown hair tucking it behind her ear, as a small frown occupied her features, while watching Louis. Like she was thinking the situation over. Weighing out the options. What was she gonna say? Louis and Niall were already starting to talk about places to go. It wouldn’t honestly surprise me if the two of them would click easily - Louis was very, very outgoing and the kind of person everyone seemed to adore. Niall’s enthusiasm would without doubt be entertaining for Louis.

“What about you?” I hadn’t realized how hopeful my voice sounded, as I spoke into the air - but it was too late to take back the words. Amber’s eyes travelled up my body as if she suddenly noticed something important; “you’ve been out here for so long! Jesus come on,” she took a hold of my wrist and started pulling me lightly, “we’ll get your coat!”

I grinned at her confused, “what about my question?” Amused I watched, how she tried to get me to move.

“It’ll give me time to consider my options!” Her eyes lit up as she flashed a beam at me and a chuckle came over my lips, “I can’t believe you’re only wearing a bloody tank top, Harry. Crazy.” She shook her head lightly, that strand of hair falling back into her eyes again.

My heart escalated at the sound of my name escaping out through her perfectly formed lips. Just as easy as breathing. I started moving with her wanting to reach out and tuck the strand back into place.

“We’ll get Harry’s coat!” Louis and Niall nodded at her statement, while already deep into their conversation about the nightlife of Chicago. My heart fluttered again.

I couldn’t help chuckling over her caring for my body temperature. It was ... strange. No one usually did - or ever had. As we went through the growing crowd out here in front of the bar, she led me towards the door - still with her hand holding my wrist. I couldn't stop chuckling at her attempt of pulling me. She looked over her shoulder with a grin, “what?”

“Nothing,” only the fact that you said my name out loud. Twice. She rolled her eyes at me and I smiled even wider.  

Please vote & comment x

a/n: got next chapter ready for tomorrow yay! :) So that'll be kinda like my attempt to give you a Christmas gift ha :D x