six

I walked through the hallway of my office, my long skirt swishing around as my hips swayed back and forth to the music of my legs

I was a psychologist, and frankly, right now was an awful time to be one, with all the controversy going on about us.

I put on a serious face as I walked by the waiting rooms, where I got some rather mean stares as I walked by.

Ever since that psychologist woman in Ulsan, South Korea, went absolutely haywire, psychologists, particularly women, were being shunned and thought of as nuts. The people that actually did need psychologists went to male ones.

It was annoying, and all throughout my workplace, people gossiped about the awful downfall of psychology and women rights, some now saying women were insane when it came to men, though in the tape that was showed worldwide, the man was clearly harassing her. Perhaps there should be fewer males working in the media.

After all, psychologists were here to help people with their problems, not become a problem.

Recently, I had taken refuge in my yoga class and released all my stress and anger through that. My students in that class soothed me, and I soothed them the same, as we went into positions to alleviate our bodies and minds.

I was never one to get angry - I believed patience would solve many world issues if people would only just be calm. In the new age, we were in, electronics were coming increasingly important, with fast data, and fast internet. People were so used to those things being so fast when their precious mobile devices couldn't load something after five seconds, they gave up and dubbed their smart device useless.

I believed that was the sole reason why anger is becoming such an outrage in media.

After all, the psychology incident was basically a race for media experts - who could frame, and make female psychologists look shady, the fastest? Media was all about getting attention, no matter how crazy the information was skewed, it was still information, and people ate it up like a fatty new food outrage.

They all simply let their anger control them, and it made me apprehensive for the future.

The woman psychologist, or as everyone liked to call her on the media, Chastity, was put into a mental hospital, male doctors only, where everyone hoped she would calm down, and put herself back together, and where people like me prayed she would clean up her reputation.

But to the media's evil delight, and my chagrin, Chastity dug herself into a larger hole of craziness, when a few days into her being deported to the hospital, one of the young heart surgeons that worked at the same hospital, was kidnapped. Obviously, the media found some way to blame Chastity, even though the heart surgeon was kidnapped at her own house and the poor psychologist was trapped in a glass room in the hospital the whole day, nowhere near the heart surgeon, not knowing a thing about what the media was saying about her.