Chapter Seventeen.

We stayed at the ball until the servers began cleaning everything up and Cal and I were the only two still spinning around the dancefloor. We got strange looks from the people on the council, but they were the ones that said we should give the people a good show, so that's what we are doing. I was elated, on cloud nine and more just being in his arms.

I'd kicked off my shoes hours ago and when the last plate was cleared and they began turning out all of the lights I thought we'd have to leave, but Calvin had other ideas.

"Leave this one lit." He'd called out when a man came to put out the candles on the chandelier over the dancefloor. The man bowed his head to Calvin and exited the room, leaving us all alone in the cleared out ballroom. Calvin took my hand, kissing it again before he spun me around again, my dress fanning out around me and my hair swirling around my shoulders. I felt carefree and light as a feather. The light happy song played out and I was out of breath when he released me and gave me a look. "Don't dare move." He whispered.

"Never." I smiled.

He disappeared into a back room and when he came back a nice slow romantic song began to play out over the speakers and he walked to me slowly, stopping to bow to me before offering me his hand. "May I have this dance?" He asked, his charm on high.

I curtsied to him and took his hand, and then gasped when he yanked me over, pressing our bodies close together. He put his hands on my hips and lifted me slightly, placing my bare feet on top of his shoes as he began to waltz us around the dancefloor in the lingering candlelight. I leaned my head against his shoulder and breathed him in. "I missed you." I sighed and he stopped moving.

I glanced up at him and his eyes were watching mine carefully as he snaked his hand up from my waist to the side of my neck. "I missed you." He breathed, leaning down slowly. I closed my eyes and parted my lips, expectant, but instead he sighed, brushing his fingers across my lips. "Later." He whispered and I opened my eyes in time to see him turn towards the large double doors as they opened and Octavia rushed in, already changed into a much more casual outfit, her hair unbraided and wavy around her shoulders.

"Sorry to interrupt," She grinned as she came to me. "I've got a call for you."

She passed me the phone and I couldn't stop from smiling. "Hello?" I said happily.

"Momma!" Rose's warm voice filled my ear. Octavia bowed her head to us and excused herself. "What are you doing?" Rose asked.

Calvin sat down on the marbled floor and tugged my wrist, pulling me down to sit in his lap. "I was just dancing." I told her and I could hear her smile in her giggle.

"But you don't know how to dance." She laughed and Calvin chuckled beneath me.

"That's not true at all, missy." I protested. "I'm a great dancer."

Rose laughed a little more. "Ok, momma." She said then she paused just a second. "Pigheaded." She giggled and Calvin widened his eyes at me.

I mouthed 'Pedro' to him and he nodded with a wide smile in understanding. "What are you doing beautiful?" I asked her.

"Petting my puppy." She said happily. "I named him Prince."

"Prince?" I repeated her.

"Yep." She said quickly. "I love Prince."

I smiled, shaking my head. "What does Prince look like?"

"He's brown, but he has one white foot and one white ear." She told me. "Papa Pedro said he was goofy looking, but I think he's cute."

"I'm sure that he is very cute." I told her, already dreading having to start puppy training a dog when she and I are back together. I heard her yawn loudly into the phone and I pictured her sleepy eyes in my mind, wishing I could brush her hair out before bed like she loved so much. "Are you sleepy, baby?"