Ca(o)raline

Zion POV

2 Weeks Later.

Things were going very well between KB and I. We spent more time together and we established boundaries so that we wouldn't go down the same road that we had before. But ever since I admitted to myself that I really like him, I haven't wanted to spend much time away from him. He was becoming my safety and panic zone at the same time. Safe because he just made me feel comfortable. Scary because I could feel myself falling for this man.

It was Sunday and I had been laid up under KB all weekend. We were currently in bed still watching Coraline on TV. Since it was close to Halloween it had been on TV nonstop. I love the movie but KB thinks it creepy as hell. I had to beg him so that we could watch the movie. I was petting Bella while my leg was cocked over KBs waist and he had a firm grasp on my booty. I swear this nigga loved my booty more than anything else.

"Why we gotta watch this creepy ass movie." He looked down at me. "I swear we seen this movie like ten times in the past week. I'mma kick you out if I gotta watch this shit one more time." I rolled my eyes.

"What else do you suggest we do Babe?" He smiled at the new nickname I had taken up.

"I wanna go to the studio tonight. I got a bit on my mind." He had been on the phone with his mom earlier today and he would not tell me what was going on. He just got really quiet and sad. So I went out and got his favorite foods, we had been just chilling and watching tv all day.

"Okay but first you gotta tell me what happened with your mom earlier." I held his hand and looked at him closely.

"I told you to drop it Zion, its not that big of a deal." He rolled his eyes and got out of bed.

"It is though. You were quiet and stuff, I can tell it made you upset. Maybe talking to me about it will help you work through it. All I'm saying is that working through this alone isn't necessary if you have me." I walked over to his side of the bed and stepped in between his legs, I put my hands in his hair to play.

He sighed and wrapped his arm around my waist and put his face to my stomach.

"I swear I got lucky with you man. Beauty, brains, and a heart." I smiled and put my fingers under his chin.

"Thanks, now tell me what's wrong."

"My older sister Jenny, she lost her job. Which she really needs cause her son, my nephew, has sickle cell anemia. He has it under control, as long as he has his medicine. But now she is going to have to pay full cost for because she lost the insurance too." He interlocked our fingers while explaining the situation.

"Does she live up here?"

"Yeah she is one of my closest sisters that I was telling you about before. I mean I'm not that worried about the medicine because I can pay for that, no problem. My whole family knows that as long as we got each other's back we good. But my sister needs a job to stay grounded. She struggles with anxiety and depression and too much free time is not good for her. So I just been thinking of what I can do to help her other than help her out money wise."

"Did she go to college?" He looked at me curiously.

"Yeah she has an associate's degree in finance. Her last job was at some finance company that went under. She had just been promoted to a financial adviser. She was about to start raking in some real money." His hands had started caressing my bare thighs.

"Give me her information, our company is hiring right now because they are merging with another company soon. So they are looking for people to do a bit of consulting to make sure everything is done right." His eyes widened.