22. A little background

Third person

Tahny sighed.

"I don't wanna put to much on you but I'll tell you... Javi's dad is uh, I don't know how to word this, I'll just say famous for a lack of a better word. But you've probably mostly heard of his dad. When I first met him I had no idea of who he was. I met him at a festival here in LA and I had a few drinks one night and so did he. Of course you know what happens next but I wasn't so drunk that I couldn't remember him. I flew back home as soon as I found out I was having Javi and just told my parents I got pregnant in Washington at a party. They already weren't to comfortable about me being 17, fresh out of high school, and moving out to Cali to live with my sister, I lied just so I wouldn't be able to give them the benefit of saying "I told you so." One day my dad shows me a picture of him from some business brochure from some company that he partners back here. I see him looking at it and on the front cover guess who's picture is on there?"

"The guy you slept with?"

"Yes! So I instantly remember him and ask my dad who he is. My dad tells me about how he met him and how he's a good guy, and how he's got this beautiful fiancée and all this and all that. My dad leaves it on the table and I see the address and write it down. A few months later I flew back out to LA to work for my sister again since I needed a job since my child would need stuff when he gets here, obviously, and she needed help with her store. So at seven months I finally work up the nerve to go to go to the guy's job and tell him about Javi. He very surprisingly expecting of our child and mentioned how he didn't know how he was going to tell his wife."

"That brought problems didn't it?" Michael asked looking at her intently.

"Yeah it did sadly since he never told her... After I had the baby I stayed here twenty-four seven. I had everything delivered to me because he was so scared for us to go out the house."

Michael frowned. "Why is that?"

"Like I said he and his father are very important people. Apparently his dad isn't such a nice guy and he didn't want to get caught trying to visit Javi and I in public and take the risk of his father seeing us. The woman Javi's father is marrying is rich and this wedding is about to bring their family a lot of money. His father doesn't want anything to get in the way of that so any interacting with my son's father is in this house... And of course his wife does a lot of traveling since she models sometimes, and when she's home he tells her he has long hours at work so he can come see us for a few days or for a whole week if he can find the right excuse. So naturally spending a lot of time with one person, especially someone that has helped bring your amazing child into the world, you start to fall for them... Or at least you think you do." Tahny looked down away from him as she finished her sentence.

"You don't love him?"

Tears welled in her eyes unexpectedly at his question. It was something she wonder herself. She couldn't figure out if she genuinely loves Max or loves him for giving her Javier. She hardly knows anything about him since he keeps his life outside of her and the baby such a secret. Love has no time but how can you love someone you barley even know?

"I'm sorry. It's none of my business. I shouldn't have asked. That was a mis-"

"No it's fine. It's good that I'm talking about this. I don't have any real friends and Javi obviously to young to understand." She let out a soft laugh. "So I tend to hold everything in. Unless I'm scarying you away or something?"

Michael chuckled a little as he wiped her tears. "No you're fine." He licked the thumb he used to wipe her face making strong eye contact while he did it.

"Ew! You're so gross." Tahny said laughing loudly.

"What? They taste good." He said pushing her gently on the bed and started licking her face making her laughter grow louder.

Her phone vibrated from an incoming message in her pocket. She managed to stop laughing for a second to check her phone.

"Speaking of the devil." She mumbled to herself and read the message from Max and quickly responded.

To max: When?

Tahny tossed her phone at the end of the bed and took Michael's face into her hands.

"Thank you." She said looking in his eyes. "For what?" He said relaxing on top of her but held himself up on his elbows so he could look down at her. "For making me laugh."

"I don't wanna see a beautiful woman like you cry. You shouldn't be crying unless if I'm hitting it right."

She rolled her eyes and hit his chest. "Im pretty sure you're not that good."

"Wouldn't you like to know? Hopefully one day later on down the road you'll find out. How do I know you not the "lay on your back the whole time" type?"

"Trust me I'm not. But hopefully one day later on down the road you'll find out." She said mocking him in an impression of his voice. 

He bit his lip with a smile before kissing her lips gently. "You think you're funny huh?"

"Just a little bit." She was about to kiss him when the lights in the house came back on.

--------------------------------