2:20

| THE STAND: CHAPTER TWENTY |

| THE STAND:
CHAPTER TWENTY |

"Not that long ago, we developed a contingency plan. There is a reason I recruited Rhea Monroe. You see, with the right witches, the correct spell, the precise binding agent, there is a means to eradicate our link to our sires— making us free from the Mikaelsons forever." Marcel looked stunned at Aya's revelation, realising that what he had asked Davina to do just two years ago— was back in play.

"Then, and only then, will we have true independence. Rhea is onboard, anything to get her previous Kol back. Davina Claire soon came calling, wanting to help her friend but she is... obstinate, but she will listen to you. So what do you say? Will you lead the Strix to freedom?"

Marcel sighed and stayed silent, thinking about what Aya was proposing.

▽▲▽▲▽

Rhea was cleaning up all the empty food containers, when she felt it, a presence behind her. Turning around, she was startled to find Ariane's spirit stood before her, "Thank you, Rhea, for your kindness."

Rhea took a step towards the witch, offering a light smile, "How are you here?"

Ariane smiled, "You consecrated me."

Rhea's smell fell, "You're with the ancestors, you're with..?" She trailed off, Arianes smile became sad, Rhea noticed immediately and instantly felt worried for Kol's safety.

"Yes, with Kol. Things are not going well for him."

"Can you help him?" Rhea asked anxiously, Ariane noticed how her whole demeanour had changed since knowing Kol was in trouble— she cares about Kol's wellbeing far more than her own.

"You have to help him. You and your friend Davina are the only one's who can. Our coven's magic is dark, and it comes at a very high price. But together, as Sisters, we are powerful. You can use that power to save your friend Kol. If not, you will lose him to a fate far worse than death." Rhea didn't reply, only thinking over Arianes words. Whilst she was lost in her own thoughts, Ariane disappeared for the last time.

▽▲▽▲▽

"Why aren't you working with the other girls?" Aya questioned upon noticing that Rhea had separated herself from the rest of the Sisters, studying the sireline de-linking spell that her and Davina had been working on last year.

"They just slow me down," Aya gave her a skeptics look, Rhea sighed, "Look, I've done this before. Last year, I had Esther's grimoire. Davina and I studied it cover to cover. Now, I know more about breaking the sire link than any other witch, I just need to make sure that I don't get it wrong for Davina to perform."