Chapter 21

Chapter 21

-Alyssa Taylor- 

  I walked out of my room, immediately running into Nima. I stumbled back a bit before regaining my balance. He grinned at me, but it wasn't just any normal grin. It was the grin; the grin that Nima used when he wanted something.

  "Hey, Alyssa," He said, the a broad smile that showed off his sharp canines.

  "What do you want now?" I sighed, walking towards the closet where I kept Delilah. Nima followed me as he thought of how to arrange his sentences.

  "Can I have Ryan's number?" He sputtered out. I looked at him, raised my eyebrow, and scoffed.

  "Why?" I asked, pulling the guitar out of the closet. Other than his sheer obsession for hot male celebrities, why would he want Ryan's number?

  "Because, I want to talk to him," Nima shrugged. "Nothing else."

  "Why does it sound like you're planning something then?" I asked, grabbing my bag from the couch. 

  'Well, I'm not," Nima frowned, "I know you're doing a cover with Jose Daniel, but can you stop getting ready to leave?" I looked at him, trying to read his face to tell if he was lying or not.

  "He'll be here soon and I need to be ready," I shrugged. A small knock on the door alerted us of his arrival. "Never mind, he's already here."

  I jogged over to the door and pulled it open, "Josayy-not Jose."

  "Who's Jose? Is he your boyfriend?" Ryan asked, stepping inside without an invitation. We walked back to our living room, and both plopped onto the couch. He noticed the guitar case in my hand and my bag around my shoulder. "You're going somewhere with this Jose, aren't you?"

  I ignored him, "Nima! Ryan's here!"

  "We were just talking about you," Nima gushed. Ryan looked at me and raised an eyebrow, trying to imply that we were saying something that would boost his ego.

  "Yeah, about how much of a prick you are," I lied.

  "Alyssa, be nice," Nima scolded. There was another knock on the door and Ryan and I looked at each other. Nima gave us both a strange look as there was another knock on the door. Ryan and I got up at the same time to race towards the door, but Ryan was closer and he pushed me down. Bitch.

  "Hello!" Ryan greeted after he opened the door. "Are you Jose?" 

  I run over and shove Ryan into the wall, "Hi Jose, are you ready to go?" Ryan groans and Jose just shakes his head. He's gotten used to my antics by now, hopefully.

  "You just shoved Ryan Fox into your wall," Jose sighed, looking at me and then back at Ryan.

  "Good to see you too," I nodded. "Are you ready to go?"

  "Why did you shove Ryan Fox into your wall? Jose asked me, furrowing his eyebrows. "Is he okay?" Jose looked at Ryan once again, not knowing if he should help him or not.

  "I'm fine, are you Jose?" Ryan asked, rubbing his right arm, then fixing his hair.

  "Yeah, I'm Jose," He nodded. "Why?"

  "Are you Alyssa's boyfriend?" Ryan asked. Jose looked at me and I just shrugged. I don't know what goes through Ryan's mind.

  "No," Jose said.

  "Are you guys going on a date?" Ryan asked.

  "No," Jose said, this time rolling his eyes. "You know, I thought meeting you would be a bit more. . . interesting?"