Chapter23 | Wedding

Yoongi's pov:

"It's almost time!" Namjoon says excitedly from beside me and as soon as he says that the music begins to play.

I look ahead just as Y/n turns the corner with Jin by her side.

She looked beautiful.

I felt tears stinging my eyes as she drew closer to the alter.

In only a couple minutes I'd be marrying the love of my life and we'd eventually have children and grow old together and tell stories to our children's children.

That though alone brought tears to my eyes.

When Y/n reached the alter I took her hands in mine.

While the priest speaks I can feel my heart pounding in my chest.

This was actually happening.

I actually have someone who loves and cares about me even though my parents said I never would.

"And your vows?" The priest asks, knocking me out of my thoughts.

Y/n smiles and nods before looking directly at me.

"When I first met you I never thought we'd be standing right here hand in hand like this. Of course I expected it given the circumstances but I never thought I'd actually be in love nor would you. We've come a long way and had a lot of obstacles stand in our way but we're here now, together, and that's all that matters. You came off as such a mean and scary person but in reality you're a giant sweetheart. I didn't think I'd fall in love but it happened so fast and I'm glad it did. I love you, Yoongi." Y/n says as she wipes her tears then my own which I hadn't even realized had fallen.

"I don't even know where to begin." I say with a shaky laugh.

"Before I met you I was just a guy who stayed closed off from everyone and even myself. Life has given me a lot of troubles but meeting you and falling in love made them all go away. As I got to know you I seen you less as someone I could never trust to the person I care about the most in this world. Almost losing you is something I never want to go through again and after today you're mine. I love you, idiot." I say.

She smiles and laughs as she wipes away more of my tears.

"Now, the rings." the priest says and Jungkook hands them to us.

We exchange them then the priest speaks.

"You may now kiss the bride."

I waste no time in doing so. In that moment everyone disappeared.

It was just Y/n and I, forever.

When I pull back everyone is either crying, cheering, and or both.

Y/n grabs my hand and pulls me off the alter and outside as everyone follows.

"Have an amazing honeymoon and use protection!" B/f/n yells as we get into the limousine.

My face burns.

I forget about that.

What I had said to Y/n about doing that once we got married.

"Don't think too much about what she just said, pabo." She says as she looks out the window with a faint blush on her cheeks.

Even though she was avoiding my gaze she was glued to my side and our fingers were intertwined.

I smile.

"Who said I was thinking about it? You must be thinking about it then." I say and she turns a deeper shade of red.

I smile and pull her face towards mine and kiss her.

I savored every second of the kiss and how perfect her lips felt against mine.

When I pull back she leans her head on my shoulder and squeezes my hand a little.

"I actually am an idiot." she mumbles.

"Yeah, but you're my idiot."