Haunting Words

I woke up the next afternoon, last night events flooding my mind. I quickly sit up looking around my room, it seems like a dream, and who's to say it isn't? But I remember the event so clearly, so it must have been real. I really did kiss, Klaus. A knock on my door startles me.

"Are you going to sleep all day?" Jared calls.

I sigh rubbing my face. "I'm up."

"Good, it's nearly noon."

"Thanks, dad," I mumble falling back onto my bed.

"I heard that." 

I roll my eyes glaring towards the door, however, a piece of neatly folded paper resting on my nightstand catches my eye. I quickly sit up grabbing the paper and unfolding it.

The Gardens, two o clock. -K

I smile falls to my lips as I reread the simple message. After getting ready I quickly exit my room heading for the front door.

"And where are you going?" Jared questions leading against the kitchen doorway.

"Out."

"Not to meet a self-center hybrid, I hope."

"And if I am?"

His hard stare bores into me. "I'd be sure to wear your necklace."

"Klaus wouldn't hurt me."

"Forgive me for being skeptical about the very man who snapped my partner's neck. No matter how much you've been through Serena, it is nothing compare to what an Orignal can do to you."

I give him a slow nod. "I'll be carefully Jared."

He nods. "I hope you are."

Disappearing into the kitchen I'm left there standing on my own. Allowing his haunting words to settle in deep within my being. I give one last glance to the kitchen before exiting the house, pushing Jared's words to the back of my mind. 

*******************************************************

A/N: Suprise! As a thank you for all the support, votes, comment, and so on. I'm doing a BIG update. Well, four chapters I am so glad that all you have enjoyed this story and wanted to show my appreciation. I'm sad to say the inevitable is coming, and I know that sometime in the near future this story will come to an end. 

So a bit of self-promotion: 

I have started a new Klaus Mikaelson story! 

This one just took off so well (which I wasn't expecting at all). So I decided to start another one. If you enjoyed Redeem Me than perhaps you'll like my new story Remember Me.

Anyways just a huge thank you for all the support and I hope you enjoy the more to come.

Sincerely Yours, Nightingale_one