Waitressing - Lucifer

Your eyes fluttered open as the bright sunlight streamed in through your blinds. You blinked in the new day a few times before dragging yourself out of the bed. You grumbled your way to the shower. You finished your morning routine, putting on your uniform and leaving your hair down. Why did you have to have the morning shift?

       You made your way to the cafe and clocked in. It was a fairly slow morning for the business. Customers rarely streamed in. You lived in a small town with not many people. But just because the town's small doesn't mean it isn't full of crazies. Word 'round the old chopping block was that Bert Cunningham murdered his wife. You didn't know Bert or any of the Cunninghams very well. Their bloodline had stopped flowing because Bert didn't want kids, and you were a little too young to be friends with the family. You were 26: old, but so young.

       You took a man in his pajamas' order and started your shift. While you were lazily waiting behind the counter, you began to read the paper set on top of the register. Suddenly, the front doors opened, and in walked two of the finest fellas you had ever seen. One was tall with long brown hair. He had pretty eyes. Like a puppy. The other was shorter, but still tall. He had short, messy blondish brown hair. His eyes were apple green. The two men were wearing suits. They walked up and sat down at the counter in front of you. You patted down your apron, wanting to look nice in front of  these boys.

"Now what can I get you fine gents?"

"Two coffees please," the taller one responded.

You made your way toward the machine as the shorter one shouted, "And some pie!" You cut a slice of apple pie from our counter display and placed it in front of him, handing him a fork. He thanked and winked at you as you went to grab their coffees. You handed them both their mugs.

"Anything else I can getcha?" You asked the taller one. He shook his head as green eyes responded, "Your number."

Although this man was very attractive, you  batted for another team.

"I don't think my girlfriend would like that much," you teased back at him. His eyes widened before he started to apologize.

"You're good. I like to mess with people. I don't really have a girlfriend, but I'm afraid we're both trying to get girls' numbers these days," you chuckled at him.

"You should meet our friend Charlie. You two seem like you would hit it off. Similar personality. And she bats for your team," the taller one added.

"What're you two's names?" You asked them.

"Sam, and this is my partner, Dean. We've been in town to investigate a murder that took place at the university."

"Huh. Did you get everything's you needed?"

"Yeah, actually. On our way out to Kansas now to go investigate a missing person's case. If you see him around, here's his picture. He's kind of a rogue agent, so if you see him, be very careful. And they're probably not going to announce it on the news as to not incite national panic." Sam handed you a picture of a man with dark brown hair and a trench coat. He had a messed up blue tie and these striking blue eyes. You tucked the picture into your pocket and thanked them for the heads up. Dean kept going.

"He knows we are looking for him, so he usually ends up in the places we were last seen. He's trying to find us before we can find him. Good luck with your business, miss."

"You as well, agents."

They left. Surely enough, the next day, the man from the photograph turned up in your shop. He had the crazy, wild eyes of an insane man. No wonder he had turned on his operation. He made quite the entrance. He burst in, disturbing some papers and menus at the front of the diner.

"Where are they?!" He shouted gruffly. Luckily, it was just you in the restaurant. No customers today. You were instantly alarmed.

"Where are who?" You asked, hoping he wouldn't know you knew about him.

"You know who I'm looking for. I know you'll tell me. Whether you tell me or not, I'll kill you, so you might as well make your life useful."

You recognized those eyes. Not the blue ones, but that look they got. Only one creature you had run into in your time had been able to get that look.

"Lucifer."

"Ding ding. We have a winner. Like my new vessel? You know where the Winchesters are. I can sense it. Either I'll get it out of you painfully, or you'll die quickly. It's your choice, honestly."

You fought with all your might. You wouldn't tell him where those men had gone. But after a certain point, he had broken your mind to the point that he was digging through the information with ease.

"Bingo. Kansas. Narrows things down a bit. Au revoir, sweetheart. It's been swell."

And with the snap of his fingers, your lights went out, and he left the diner to find the Winchester boys.